The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Education: Completion of secondary school education and Diploma in any of the following fields: Front Office, Business Administration or Computing.
Experience: Progressive experience in managing the front office in a busy enviornment and general administrative work.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Ability to use standard office equipment such as photocopiers and scanners.
• Knowledge of standardised business support work routines and methods.
• Knowledge of standard office software packages, e.g. Microsoft word.
• Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information with a variety of individuals.
• Good attention to detail in order to identify data discrepancies.
• Ability to work to deadlines and follow clear instructions.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English.
Under the direct supervision of the IT Officer and the general guidance of the Head of Finance and Administration, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
WFP is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff. Well qualified candidates, particularly females are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements, and do not attach certificates will be disregarded.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Paper applications will not be accepted.
Deadline for application is 13 May 2020
Start receiving jobs alerts directly to your email