WFP Malawi is seeking qualified and dynamic candidate to fill the position of Finance Officer as detailed below:
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced university degree in Finance, Business Administration or Accounting.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Support the Head of Resource Management Unit team on financial matters
- Support corporate finance management strategies and major ongoing programmatic initiative, participating where appropriate using finance expertise.
- Contribute towards the development of country specific plans, policies and processes to meet the food assistance needs of beneficiaries within the Country.
- Analyse and report on key data for financial status and outcomes of projects in accordance with corporate governance requirements, ensuring accuracy, deadlines, and accounting processes are complied with.
- Coordinate with budget and programming unit on grants management to ensure grants are fully utilised before expiry dates.
- Oversee cash management processes to ensure adequate funds are available in the imprest accounts for smooth operations, ensuring efficient local banking arrangements and compliance with banking regulations. Ensure account balances are kept to minimum to reduce currency risk.
- Collate and analyse data for the preparation of accurate and timely reporting, in order to provide management with financial, accounting and budgetary information to enable them to make informed decisions.
- Track and analyse data to identify opportunities for improvements to policies, systems and procedures in order to minimise financial risks, improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations, and ensure services are aligned with business objectives.
- Set up proper accounting procedures and systems, internal controls to ensure that proper monitoring mechanisms are in place, identify weaknesses and address them accordingly.
- Guide and supervise finance staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
- Coordinate with auditors and oversight mission teams, respond to queries and follow up on audit recommendations implementation.
- Represent unit/CO at internal meetings, external meetings and events with other UN agencies, banks and other financial institutions, or other partners and entities as required.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Internal Controls & Compliance||Utilizes understanding of risk management approaches and internal controls to monitor projects and programmes to confirm regulatory compliance and ensure data integrity.|
|Performance Budgeting, Reporting & Analysis||Manages budget, business planning, and forecasting discussions on a programme-wide level, integrating financial resource information from a portfolio of projects to analyze effectiveness and financial viability.|
|Resources Management (People, time, assets, etc.)||Monitors trends in staffing and resource usage to anticipate and escalate potential issues to programme leaders.|
|Financial Management and Accounting Principles||Monitors and advises senior leaders on the financial status of projects and programmes, tracking outcomes to ensure transparent and effective utilization of resources.|
|Supply Chain and Operations Knowledge||Demonstrates thorough understanding of WFP programme and financial policies, business processes and applies these in the implementation or support of WFP programme interventions.|
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has experience reviewing and analyzing financial statements.
- Has experience working in an International Organization or the UN
- Has experience implementing accounting and internal control processes.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WFP is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff. Well qualified candidates, particularly females are strongly encouraged.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements, and do not attach certificates will be disregarded.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Paper applications will not be accepted.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Closing date for applications is 19 June 2020