Malawi Legal Aid Bureau, established under Section 3 of the Legal Act of 2010, is a national public institution mandated to provide legal aid to persons with insufficient means.
The scope of the mandate of the Legal Aid Bureau consists of four main tenets, namely legal advice; legal assistance; representation in any court, tribunal or similar body or authority; and provision of legal education and information.
In a bid to effectively and efficiently deliver its mandate and reach out to as many Malawians as possible, the Bureau invites applications from well qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions:
Vacancy Number LAB/4/20/5
Job Title: Motor Vehicle Driver (2 positions)
Category: Vacancies in Malawi government
Dealine: 15 May 2020
Responsible to Assistant Human Resource Management Officer
Location Lilongwe and Zomba
1. MAIN JOB PURPOSE
To support the work of staff of the Malawi Legal Aid Bureau by transporting staff and
office goods as assigned from time to time. Drivers maintain a schedule of movement
of staff and be on standby with pool vehicles to await assignments. They have a duty of
ensuring care of vehicles and safety of staff they are driving.
2. KEY JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Drive officers and deliver mail, parcels and other items,
2. Perform vehicle daily inspection such as checking fluid level and tire
pressure and follow up on periodic vehicle maintenance,
3. Ensure that Log Books are always completed as required,
4. Conduct periodic audit on vehicle tools, and
5. Perform other duties as assigned by management from time to time.
3. JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND PERFORMANCE FACTORS
1. Minimum Academic, Professional Qualifications and Work Experience
1. Malawi School Certificate of Education or its equivalent
2. A valid and clean Driver’s Licence with at least 3 years’ experience
3. Those with Motor Vehicle Mechanical Certificate will have an added advantage
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should submit application letters, updated curriculum
vitae with three (3) traceable referees, copies of certified educational and
professional certificates to the following address:
Malawi Legal Aid Bureau,
1st Floor Shire Building,
Off Paul Kagame Highway,
PO Box 675, Lilongwe.
Or Email to: [email protected]
All applications should reach the Director not later than 5:00 pm, Friday, 15th May, 2020.
Please use position title in the subject line. For hand-delivered applications, write the position applied for on the envelope.
Start receiving jobs alerts directly to your email