USAID’s Expanding Degree Opportunities seeks to provide technical assistance to Malawi Teacher Training Colleges and higher education entities for the development of degree programs and professional development coursework in the areas of curriculum and instruction.
The Chief of Party will be responsible for technical leadership and provide administrative oversight of the implementation of all components under this program. S/he will serve as World Learning’s principal liaison to the donor. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic individual and seasoned director who is experienced in managing project implementation partnerships, coordinating with government entities, partner organizations, and program stakeholders, and able to work effectively and respectfully with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project.
• Provide overall leadership, management, and strategic direction for the program;
• In conjunction with USAID and World Learning HQ, determine annual priorities, develop work plans, and ensure program responds to changing conditions and operating environments;
• Oversee program administration, implementation, and fiscal management to ensure financial activity aligns with budget allocations, internal policies, and USAID regulations;
• Oversee and monitor quality of all program activities, and ensure reports, work plans, and other program deliverables are timely and of high quality;
• Serve as overall communications/liaison with the donor, implementing partners, and key stakeholders including government representatives of Malawi;
• Report regularly to World Learning HQ, providing timely updates of all situational, security, and program developments;
• Manage and supervise team of local and international staff and consultants;
• Represent World Learning at conferences, working groups, and meetings;
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• Advanced degree in a relevant field required; Ph.D. preferred
• A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in the successful implementation of donor-funded projects related to teacher education, education policy development, and university-level pedagogy design; with experience as a Chief of Party, Country Director, or Deputy for a donor-funded development project of similar size and scope;
• Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, and reporting requirements;
• Excellent communication and diplomatic skills, with a professional level of verbal and written fluency in English;
• Proven experience leading inclusive programming that encourages full participation of individuals regardless of gender, disability status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or other marginalized status.
Start receiving jobs alerts directly to your email