University Research Co., LLC (URC) is seeking an Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) Technical Lead to provide technical leadership and oversight for a potential United States Government-funded project based in Malawi. This position is contingent on contract award.
URC supports the Government of Malawi, US government (USG), implementing partners, and local providers to design and implement high-quality programs serving vulnerable children and adolescents and their families.
Candidates must have demonstrated leadership experience in large health and social service programs in Malawi. A local national with strong leadership and technical skills and a focus on innovation and improvement science is preferred.
Job titile : OVC Technical Lead – Proposal
Employer : University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Location: Lilongwe, Malawi
Salary: Commensurate with required experience and qualifications
Primary duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide oversight of the implementation of the OVC component of the program including case management
- Supervise all activities at community levels relevant to OVC and impact mitigation responses
- Oversee the identification and case management of vulnerable children and families
- Coordinate referral services and ensure a continuum of care between the community to health facilities
- Provide technical and operational program management to URC staff, partners and sub-grantees, to optimize program performance and outcomes
- Coordinate effective implementation of program activities, including the development of work plans and timely reporting.
- Monitor program results against targets and work plans and operationalizes program standards
- Manage and supervise local staff including program partners to meet evolving program demands; provide technical assistance, mentoring and skills building to local staff and key local counterparts.
- Liaise with key stakeholders including Government of Malawi at national, district and peripheral levels, Ministry of Gender, Children, Disability and Social Welfare, and other line ministries, CBOs, other local and international agencies
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with URC policies and applicable laws.
- Coordinate with other senior program staff on strategic project management
- A minimum of a university degree in Social Sciences, Public Health, or related field. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of eight years of experience with progressively increasing responsibility in technical and operational program management with a reputable NGO or donor agency
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of project management principles, theories, practices
- Technical expertise in programs serving vulnerable children, adolescents and young women at high risk of HIV acquisition.
- Demonstrated ability to engage central and local government, donor agencies, development partners, civil society and community-based organizations.
- Experience in work plan development and management of outputs and results of consortium, sub-grantees, and other teaming arrangements.
- Documented experience in providing the technical assistance required to implement a quality improvement approach to service delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor, coach and supervise staff to ensure optimal participation towards the achievement of program goals through cohesive performance management.
- Experience overseeing program data quality, including the development of data tracking systems and monitoring records.
- Ability to handle multiple and conflicting priorities, and work under strict deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English.
- A Malawi national is strongly preferred.