Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position below:
Telekom Networks Malawi PLC (TNM) is seeking a high caliber individual to join the Software Development team as an Integrations/API Developer. The developer will become a key member of a leading edge development team and will assist the organization in meeting its customer service strategy.
Major tasks and responsibilities
- Lead in the development of web service APIs using appropriate software architecture based on business requirements.
- Collect business requirements and translate them into system API solutions.
- Identify appropriate technologies for accomplishing web service API developments.
- Liaise and collaborate extensively with third parties on externally dependent projects.
- Analyze, design, and implement web service APIs in one or more programming languages.
- Work in liaison with other developers to maintain and enhance system APIs for web apps, systems and mobile apps.
- Write automated tests for all web-based apps and systems
- Keep up to date on the latest industry developments in the web service technologies.
- Identify potential process improvement areas for existing APIs and services.
- Develop patches and fixes for bugs, snakes, glitches and failures on service APIs.
- Lead and co-ordinate API vulnerability and penetration tests to identify potential areas of cyber attacks.
Educational and Professional Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Having a strong background of secure API authorization protocols: API keys, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), or OAuth2/Passport.
- Ability to apply a test-driven, continuous integration, agile development methodology.
- Attention to elegant design, performance, scalability, clean and documented code.
- Experience with any of the following API testing tools: Apigee, RapidAPI, Postman, SoapUl, Altair GraphQL Client and Insomnia.
- Extensive knowledge in agile software development methodologies preferably SCRUM.
- Palpable passion for responsive design and experience working with web front-end technologies such as Vuejs, Tailwind CSS, etc.
- Fluent in both English and Chichewa with excellent communication skills, problem solving and crisis management skills, and strong analytical skills with the ability to work with others.
Interested applicants are requested to submit their applications and Curriculum vitae (CV) to:
The Chief HR and Administration Officer
Telekom Networks Malawi Limited
P.O Box 3039
OR Email: [email protected]
To reach him no later than 24th November, 2020