ActionAid is an international anti-poverty agency working in over 60 countries, taking sides with poor people to end poverty and injustice together.
ActionAid Malawi is a locally registered non-governmental organization under the Company’s Act limited by Guarantee and is an affiliate of ActionAid International, a federation of national organizations working in over 45 countries in Africa, Asia, America and Europe regions. ActionAid has been working in Malawi since 1991 and works in partnership with communities, community based organizations, civil society, social movements, and governments, across the world to fight and eradicate poverty, injustice and exclusion. We work with and support poor and excluded people in the struggle to demand and claim their rights. ActionAid’s work is focused around women’s rights, right to education, food security, just and democratic governance, human security and HIV& AIDS. ActionAid, with funding from various donors and cooperating partners is implementing several projects under its 5th Country Strategy Paper at national and districts levels within Malawi.
ActionAid Malawi is a Non-Governmental Principal Recipient for the Joint Tuberculosis and HIV Global Fund Grant under the Global Fund new funding model. ActionAid Malawi is responsible for the financial and programmatic management for the non-biomedical component of the grant. ActionAid Malawi provides support to identified sub Recipients to implement the Global Fund Project in liaison with the Ministry of Health which is the Principal Recipient responsible for the biomedical component of the grant.
ActionAid now invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position:
Job Title: Temporary Data Entry Clerks
Reporting to: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Duration: 2 Months (October 2020- December 2020)
Data entry clerk will assist with cleaning, validating and entering program data into ActionAid DHIS2 Instance.
• Accurately enter program data into ActionAid DHIS2 Instance.
• Identify and correct data entry errors using appropriate quality control techniques.
• Manage and organize beneficiary records and files
• Provide general data entry support to ActionAid implementing partners.
• Assist program M&E officers with data cleaning and validation.
• Assist with the creation of pivot tables and management dashboards
• Prepare relevant reports as needed by the manager.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or Statistics or Demography.
• Knowledge of Health information Systems, e.g. DHIS2, EMR and/ or use of web forms e.g. ODK
• Knowledge of Statistical packages SPSS/Stata/Epi and Excel
To apply for these positions, submit your curriculum vitae with a motivation letter indicating the position you are applying for as a subject in your email to:
The Executive Director,
PO Box 30735,
Email address: [email protected] by 5pm on Friday, 2nd October, 2020.
All applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits and qualified women are especially encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.
ActionAid International Website: www.actionaid.org
Start receiving jobs alerts directly to your email