The Gender and Justice Unit is looking for suitably qualified and innovative candidates to conduct a three-month media and communications assignment. To ensure success, the candidate should be innovative, organized and self-motivated with a keen interest in driving strategic messages to key internal and external role-players.
Position: Technical Assistant: Media and Communications Specialist
Responsibilities for the Assignment:
- Develop the organizations communication strategy based on our target audience;
- Contribute to the finalization and digital presentation of the GJU Strategic Plan;
- Create bespoke communications content on behalf of the GJU;
- Develop and publish project success stories to enhance the project and organizations visibility;
- Produce and distribute digital content through all the GJU social media platforms;
- Contribute to web management functions, including updating content on the GJU website and social media platforms;
- Design high quality communication materials and publications such as newsletters, posters, and infographics;
- Take pictures and videos showcasing the GJU staff, workspace and activities and maintain database of video and picture content;
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the GJUs activities and services.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database.
- Seek opportunities to enhance the visibility of the organization, and coordinate publicity events as required.
- Adhere to the company’s style guide, ensuring that we produce high-quality and error-free copy.
- Work with key internal role-players to brainstorm content ideas, in line with the company’s strategy and in support of various brand initiatives.
- Bachelors Degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience in a communications role.
- Understand the best practices of main social media channels including Facebook, twitter etc.
- Proficiency in design and publishing software.
- Must possess exceptional writing skills and be able to compose engaging and accurate content
- Understand communications, public relations and marketing best practices
- Ability to think strategically and identify ways to improve communication efforts
- Experience in creating engaging and impactful social media content shaped by insight (video, images, blog posts, storytelling, live video)
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software (examples include InDesign/Photoshop).
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
Mode of Application
Interested applicants who meet the above qualifications and requirements should submit electronic application letters together with concise Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of relevant certificates, a portfolio of previous work and financial proposal for the 3 months at a fixed rate to the email address below not later than Friday, 16th October, 2020.
The Executive Director
The Gender and Justice Unit
Private Bag B324,
Email: [email protected]