Timotheos Foundation is a local Malawian Christian Charity whose main objective is to support and care for orphans and other vulnerable children in Malawi. It was established on 1st September 2011 and officially certified under the Trustees incorporation act of Malawi on 3rd July 2012. We are also affiliated to CONGOMA as well as the NGO Board of Malawi.
The organization is seeking to recruit a competent, committed, self-motivated, and enthusiastic and God fearing candidates of Malawian nationality for the position as detailed below:
Position : Primary School Teacher (2 Positions)
Reporting to : Primary School Head Teacher
Location : Chigumukire Child Care Centre in Nsanje District
States of Employment: Full Time
- To teach, assess and advocate pupils’ academic well-being and school discipline
- To uphold the school’s sims, objectives and schemes of work and any agreed on established school policies.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Develop schemes of work and lesson plans
- Communicate learning objectives outcomes to pupils
- Identify and select methods and instructional resources to meet pupils’ varying needs
- Select challenging learning outcomes in accordance with the curriculum for pupils of all backgrounds and abilities
- Organize the classroom sad instructional resources to create a positive learning environment
- Set homework to consolidate and extend pupils knowledge and understanding
- Use an appropriate range of assessment strategies to monitor individual pupils progress
- Grade class work, homework and tests
- Participate in arrangements for external tests and examinations
- Provide regular and appropriate feedback on work to individual pupils
- Maintain accurate and complete records of individual pupils’ progress and development
- Discuss and report on pupil’s progress to parents or guardians.
- Manage pupils behaviour in the classroom and in school by establishing and implementing rules and procedures
- Counsel pupils with academic problems
- Willing to undergo regular performance evaluation/appraisal
- Work collaboratively with colleagues, sharing ideas and resources and providing support
- Supervise and support trainee teachers and newly recruited teachers
- Organize sports and other physical education activities for pupils
- Organise and take pert in school events and co-curricular activities, some of which may take place after school hours.
- Maintain and accurate register of pupil attendance
- Perform duties for absent colleagues as requested by the Head Teacher.
- Be a positive role model and demonstrate the attitudes, values end behaviour expected of pupils (including high standards of attendance and punctuality)
- Any other duty as assigned by the Head Teacher
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATION AND COMPETENCIES
- Minimum of Malawi School Certificate of Education(MSCE)
- T2 Teaching Certificate or equivalent
- Minimum of five years’ working experience as a Primary School Teacher
- Effective communication skills, both in English and Chichewa.
- Ability to set achievable targets and raise standards.
- Evidence of using and being able to develop planning and assessment procedures
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Be able to promote the Christian identity of the organization.
- Be of a Reformed Christian background.
How to apply
All qualified and interested candidates who meet the stated requirements must submit their application letters and current Curriculum Vitae, including copies of relevant certificates, indicating three traceable referees and their telephone Numbers ta the below post address:
Timotheos Foundation Canada
PO. BOX 1670
Email: [email protected]
Hand delivery be done through our Chigumukire Child Care Centre in Nsanje District.
Note: Closing date for the receipt of completed application letters is 12:00 Midnight of Tuesday, 23rd June, 2020. Only short listed candidates will be invited to attend the interview.
Timotheos Foundation Canada is committed to gender equality in its obligation and staff, therefore, female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.