The College of Medicine (CoM) was established in 1991 as a constituent college of the University of Malawi. Its mission is to be an academic centre of excellence in the training of doctors and other health professionals in clinical service and medical research, responsive to the health needs of Malawi and its neighbours within the Southern African region. In pursuit of this mission, CoM is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacancy:
Position: Stores and Inventory Supervisor (1 Post: Re-advertised)
The Stores and Inventory Supervisor will work under the general supervision of the Finance Officer. He /she will be responsible for supervision of Stores staff; receiving and issuing of stock and relevant reports.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
a) Receiving of stock:
- Ensuring that goods delivered by the suppliers match the specifications on the Local Purchase Orders.
- Receiving goods in Stores.
- Issuing stores/goods received notes.
- Adjusting stores bin cards with goods receipted.
- Updating stores ledger with the value of goods received.
b) Issuing of stock
- Receiving approved requisitions from user departments/ projects.
- Issuing out goods to user departments/ projects with matching signed stores issue vouchers.
- Adjusting the bin cards with goods issued out.
- Updating the stores ledger with the value of goods issued out.
- Coding of fixed assets
c) Monitoring Stock and Preparation of reports
- Determining re-order levels of items on stock.
- Liaising with Procurement on goods requiring replenishment according to departmental needs.
- Preparing monthly stock sheets indicating goods requested and issued out to departments/ projects
- Conducting periodic stock takings to reconcile number of goods on stock and on the fixed asset register with the actual counted goods/ assets and recommend for disposal of damaged or obsolete goods/assets.
- Responsible for the safe custody of all inventories in Stores.
d) Transaction processing before payments to suppliers
- Cross-checking all original copies of stores/goods receipt vouchers, delivery notes and invoices before processing of payment to suppliers is made.
- Returning unaccepted goods to suppliers and production of goods returned notes.
Qualifications & Experience
- Applicants must have a minimum of Advanced Diploma in Stores Management or equivalent.
- Those with Bachelor’s Degree in Stores Management, CIMA/ACCA or equivalent qualifications will have an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years post qualification experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Knowledge of principles, practices and methods of management and supervision of staff.
- Knowledge of computer applications such as ACCPAC, Microsoft Office.
- Skills in both verbal and written communication in English.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix/complex organizational relationship requiring strong influencing and negotiating skills.
How to Apply
Applicants meeting the requirements above should submit applications including certified copies of certificates and detailed CV with names, emails and contacts of 3 traceable professional referees (one of whom should be the latest employer) to:
College of Medicine
Private Bag 360
Email: [email protected]
Deadline: 30th March 2021
Those who previously submitted applications for Stores and Inventory Supervisor need not apply again. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted