The Samaritan Trust is a nonprofit making, Malawian Non-Governmental Organization which was established by the late Jervase Chakumodzi in 1993 after seeing the struggle experienced by the street connected children on the streets.
The Skills Center Manager will ensure the Centre performs to the required standards by overseeing the performance of instructors, both in vocational skills and general education, through monitoring, supervising and providing support.
- Coordinate activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities and work of instructors/trainers.
- Teach subjects to vocational training students as assigned by management.
- Evaluate and verify employee/instructor performance through the review of completed work assignments and work techniques.
- Establish and maintain a healthy learning environment for all vocational students and staff.
- Collaborate with staff in decision-making, team building and developing productive strategies which foster improving learning and teaching.
- Reinforce policies and codes of conduct for students’ discipline, attendance, and extra-curricular activities.
- Lead meaningful department meetings on a regular basis.
- Assist in the recruitment of vocational personnel.
Qualifications, Essential skills & Attributes:
- Degree in Technical/Education,
- Five Years teaching experience in a comparable establishment with three years in a management position,
- Leadership, Planning and organizational skills,
- Able to meet targets/deadlines,
- Team player,
- Good written and verbal communication/reporting skills,
- Budgeting skills,
- Able to work under pressure with minimum supervision,
- Problem solving skills and a self-starter.
Mode of Application
Applications including Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of relevant certificates, with at least three (3) traceable referees be sent to [email protected] not later than 20th November, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.