Our client, a leading telecommunication Service provider in Malawi, seeks to recruit aggressive, customer centric, Debt Collections Agents and Cashiers to join its Enterprise team in Blantyre and Lilongwe
Position: SHOP CASHIERS
Managing of our clients cash and cheque collections for post-paid and broadband customers, daily reporting and posting of all collections, managing customer requests i.e. limit adjustments, contract terminations, contract acquisition including sending customer queries to relevant personnel for resolution.
REPORTING TO THE SENIOR CREDIT RISK AND COLLECTIONS OFFICER, THE ROLE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Receipting of all cheque and cash transactions on daily basis at designated shop.
- Timely posting and updating of customer ledger accounts with all receipted payments.
- Ensuring all receipted cash and cheques are promptly deposited into designated Airtel bank account.
- Daily reconciliation of deposit slips and bank statements against receipted and reported transactions.
- Process customer refunds, reversal of dishonored cheques through client’s ledger accounting processes.
- Promptly preparing and submitting reports on all transactions receipted/ deposited whileensuring all customer accounts are fully updated.
- Resolving customer queries related to account balances, payment posting and adjustments.
- Conducting bank reconciliation by comparing system receipts against reported transactions and ensuring there are no discrepancies.
- Performing any other duties assigned in line with scope of work.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES
- Diploma in Finance, Business Administrationor any Business related discipline
- Able to work under high stress with short term targets and objectives
- Computer literate
- Able to handle and prioritize customer issues
- Ability to manage and organize oneself (planning)
- Results driven, hunger to succeed
- Team player or ability to be one
- Good spoken English and communication skills
- Relevant experience in the finance and administration is desirable.
- 3+ years of varied experience cash management in a similar position.
- Good knowledge of book-keeping.
- Good spoken English and communication skills.
How to apply
Suitable candidates are required to send their Applications & Curriculum Vitae to:
Email: [email protected]
by Wednesday, 1st July, 2020;
Applications should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Manager,
Workforce Recruitment Services,
P.O. Box 31296,
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.