Right to Care Malawi a local not for profit organisation is at the vanguard in supporting and delivering prevention, care, and treatment services for HIV and associated diseases. We work with government and communities to find pioneering solutions to build and strengthening public healthcare.
We embrace a strong entrepreneurial culture and focuses on innovation and the use of technology to enhance services, address skills shortages, and deliver quality healthcare outcomes. Our areas of expertise include HIV and TB care and treatment, Maternal and childcare and education programs, pharmacy automation, medical male circumcision, and cervical cancer diagnosis and treatment.
Reporting to: Country Director
The incumbent will be the lead technical expert in health systems issues particularly relevant for the HIV/AIDS program. S/he remains current in all USG, PEPFAR and national policies and health systems factors contributing to or hindering the achievement of PEPFAR goals in Malawi including leadership and governance, health workforce capacity development, retention and allocation, health system reform. S/he is well versed in global evidence and best practice for health systems strengthening and provides technical leadership to the activity and to the MOH as appropriate.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· An advanced degree in the medical field, public health, or a related field
· Five (5) to Seven (7) years of progressive Health Systems experience working in Malawi and/or other developing country contexts, and demonstrated technical and management expertise in the field of public health
· Demonstrated progressive experience working in the field of HIV/AIDS service delivery, policy, and/or research
· Demonstrated skills in monitoring and evaluating health systems strengthening activities
· Strong leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills
Demonstrated written, presentation, and communication skills in English
TECHNICAL AND BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES
· Ability to work autonomously and prioritise own workload
· Ability to deal sensitively with confidential matters
· Excellent Reporting and writing skills
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Resilience under pressure
Willingness to travel and work for long hours
Start receiving jobs alerts directly to your email