Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons of Malawian origin to fill the following vacant position at Electricity Generation Company (Malawi) Limited.
Position: SENIOR ECONOMIST (GRADE EG5)
This position is tenable in the company at the Head Office.
- Should possess a first class or upper second class Bachelors Degree in Economics or Project Finance or other closely related Energy Economics/Finance field.
- At least 30 years old and above
- At least five years hands on relevant experience in project finance/energy economics environment.
- Applicants with specific and relevant experience in electricity sector will have an added advantage
- Good command of MS Excel to determine project financial and economic parameters
- Ability to analyze economic problems and carry out cost benefit analysis for projects
- Work independently or with teams to derive and share evidence based insights, knowledge and compelling advice to guide decision making and other planning functions
- Must have a fascination for changes and trends in the energy sector, locally and globally
- Must be prepared to work odd hours and sometime weekends
- Good analytical skills, resourcefulness, initiative, maturity of judgement and tact
- Proficient in both oral and written English language
- Good organizational skills
- Physically fit
- Developing project concept papers and proposals for potential investment projects
- Assessing the viability of new investments, strategies, policies and their attractiveness to investors by conducting full viability assessment of potential investments and carrying out preliminary economic and financial assessment of projects, strategies and policies
- Assist in developing financial schemes for energy projects including participating in identification of potential project financiers
- Providing technical support and advisory in packaging projects, power purchase agreements, term sheets, tariff processes and other strategic papers
- Providing technical expertise in economics of electricity markets, energy demand, power purchase processes and tariff modeling
- Developing Terms of References for projects Expression of Interest (EOIs), Request for Proposals (RFPs), etc.
- Providing policy advice on market studies, sector strategies and other work-related papers
Method of Application
Application letters with copies of certificates, comprehensive CV and three traceable referees should be received not later than 11th September, 2020 addressed to:
Human Resources and Development Manager
Electricity Generation Company (MW) Ltd
Floor No. 4
P O Box 1567,
Further details are on: http://www.egenco.mw
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER