SENIOR COFFEE FIELD ASSISTANT – NGAPANI ESTATE – MANGOCHI
We are looking for a Senior Field Assistant who is highly motivated and results-driven to join our team in Ngapani Estate in Mangochi. The responsibilities of the Senior Field Assistant include supervising our workers on site, and directing operations in the field.
A successful Senior Field Assistant is an independent thinker with excellent leadership, observational, and analytical skills.
Ultimately, a top-notch Field Manager is goal-oriented and has a strong working knowledge of the fieldwork being performed.
Direct and coordinate, through subordinate supervisory personnel, activities of workers engaged in coffee crop production for the company
Field Manager Responsibilities
- Directs and coordinates worker activities, such as planting, irrigation, chemical application, harvesting, grading, and recordkeeping
- Inspects equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- Inspects orchards and fields to determine maturity dates of crops or to estimate potential crop damage from weather.
- Assigning territories, schedules, and the appropriate supplies and equipment to staff members.
- Generating reports that highlight the strengths and weaknesses of each Fields.
- Submitting the generated fields reports to Managers.
- Providing training programs to Fields workers to ensure they can perform their duties effectively.
- Maintaining all field rules and responsibilities and ensuring Field workers adhere to the rules.
- Responding to all on-call tasks and supporting the Field workers under your supervision.
Field Manager Requirements
- DIPLOMA OR DEGREE IN agriculture or a related field.
- 15 or above years in experience in plantation or the relevant industry.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and leadership skills.
- Good communication and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, results-driven, and independent thinking.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and outside normal working hours if required.
- High level of personal integrity and honesty.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications with CV
The Group General Manager
P.O Box 51199
EMAIL: [email protected]
Closing date for receiving applications is 31st August, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.