Children of the Nations is a duly registered NGO in Malawi with a mission to raise children who transform Nations. It partners with nationals to provide Christ-centered care for orphaned and destitute children, enabling them to create a positive and lasting change in the nations. In order to fulfil its vision effectively and excellently, a rare opportunity has risen to engage qualified person of Malawian origin to fill the post of Secondary Teacher tenable at its head office in Lilongwe.
Position: Secondary Teacher
COTN therefore, invites applications from suitable candidates to fill the position on a two year contract — renewable upon successful performance and availability of funds. Position Summary To partner with the COTN-MW Education Coordinator and International Christian Academy (ICA) Principal in planning and preparing lessons to engage students and inspire teaming, experienced teacher in Humanities such as Geography, and History for more than 5 years. The secondary school teacher for International Christian Academy directly reports to ICA principal and serves as an influential person in children’s lives. The teacher must model attitude out of the immeasurable love of Christ.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and Submit updated schemes/records of work and file of written lesson to the Principal to review teaching progress and syllabus coverage.
- Align lesson plans to COIN! Learning Standards as well as the MOEST standards for Malawi.
- Use and teach approved curriculum with a variety of learner centered teaching methods.
- Facilitate and evaluate formative (classroom assessment) of students to determine success of classroom instruction.
- Plan and conduct summative monthly and term assessments and submit typed results to the Principal.
- Record and report classroom assessment results to the Principal of the school.
- Participate in school supervision, Prep supervision, remedial lessons, cleaning and sanitation.
- Assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress, attainment and behavior of one’s students,
- Providing guidance and counseling to students on educational and social matters and on their further education and future careers.
- Communicating, consulting and co-operating with other members of the school staff, including those having posts of special responsibility and parents/ guardians to ensure the best interest of students
- Advising and co-operating with the Principal of School, Assistant Head, Heads of Department, Education Officers, and other teachers in the preparation and development of courses of study, teething materials, and teaching programmes, methods of teaching and assessment and pastors care arrangements.
- Ensuring high standards of professional practice and quality of teaching and learning of the subjects.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Competences
- Bachelors Degree in Education Humans, with a major in Geography and Bachelor’s Degree in Science, with a major in Physics/chemistry , those with MANEB examination formulation and marking experience will have an added advantage.
- Must have teaching experience in computer studies for not less than 3 years
- Should be in agreement with COTN’s Statement of Faith and be ready to sign the Child Protection Policy.
- Experience in teaching for not less than 5 years in government or private secondary schools and ability to work in flexible cross-cultural environments
- Should have teaching experience in geography, history, and computer studies for more than 5 years
- Emotionally stable and spiritually mature, honest, and transparent and has Organizational skills and qty to transfer knowledge
- Commitment to Christ with a servant’s heart. Must be a born again Christian
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application letters including their CV’s, a copy of your highest qualification, contact details and three traceable referees of which one must be a previous supervisor to:
Email: [email protected].
copy to [email protected] or [email protected]
or if by hand to:
The Human Resources Officer,
Children of the Nations,
P.O. Box 1205,
not later than 19th March, 2021, Friday, 4:00pm. COTN Main offices are located along Mchinji Road next to SOL Farm, 5 Kilometers from Mchinji Round About