Applications are invited from suitably qualified, committed Christians to fill the vacant positions of teachers which exist at Marymount Catholic Secondary School. The following are the subject combinations:
1. Geography (major) and Social Studies/Life Skills (minor)
2. Physics (major) and Chemistry (minor)
The successful candidate will be answerable to the School Manager, through the Operations Manager / Academics. The teachers will be responsible for:
1. Ensuring preparation of schemes and records of work and lesson plans in their teaching subject.
2. Preparing methods of teaching and assessing students.
3. Ensuring that the subject matter is delivered within the allocated time
4. Ensuring that students are given enough work to do
5. Ensuring that students’ behavior is consistent with standing
regulations that the school currently enforce
6. Listing all teaching materials and maintaining inventory
7. Preparing and setting both termly and occasional tests
8. Marking and recording the scores in the report cards and scholastic record forms as per deadlines
9. Monitoring performance of students and arranging revision where necessary
10. Identifying subject needs, budgeting and ensuring acquisition of the materials
11. Liaising with other teachers in the provision of essential information for the development of the students and efficient use of time
12. Encouraging students to participate in co-curricular activities.
13. Being exemplary to students.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Education
2. Must have at least 5 years’ experience in a similar position
3. Must be between the age of 30-55 years
4. Must be a practicing Christian
5. Must be sober-minded and honest
6. Must be computer literate
7. Must be a self-starter
8. Retired teachers have an added advantage.
All applications should include contact numbers and addresses of at least three traceable referees and a current Curriculum Vitae (CV). Closing date for receiving applications is 24th December 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews. Applications should be sent to:
The Board Chairperson
Marymount Catholic Secondary School
P.O. Box 137
Email: [email protected]
Start receiving jobs alerts directly to your email