Project description: World Education is seeking a consultant to assist with research pertaining to an expected USAID Early Grade Reading opportunity in Malawi.
The work is likely to take place during 10-15 days in February 2021. Consultants currently based in Malawi are strongly encouraged to apply.
S/he will assist in collecting key information so that World Education (WEI) can better assess the viability of bidding on the opportunity.
If WEI determines the opportunity to be viable, WEI may extend the consultancy to allow for more additional information gathering and proposal writing and development support.
Interested Candidates: To apply, please send resume/CV, cover letter, and two client/supervisor references to [email protected], with “Scoping Consultant” in the subject line by January 15, 2021. Please include your current residential address and your proposed daily rate in your application information.
Initial Scope of Work:
- Initiate discussions with MoEST to explore the successes and challenges of EGR in Malawi
- Identify relevant stakeholders and initiate discussions on behalf of WEI
- Conduct a SWOT analysis of current EGR interventions and policy framework in Malawi
- BA required (Master’s preferred) in Education, Public Health, Social Welfare, or related discipline
- 5+ years of professional experience working the education sector of Malawi required
- 5+ years professional writing experience preferred
- Strong working relationship and/or contacts in the Malawi Ministry of Education and strong knowledge of current education and policy landscape in Malawi
- Familiarity with USAID Education Strategy and CDCS preferred
- Technical experience in one or more of the areas below (please specify areas of expertise in your application): Early Grade Literacy; inclusive education; early childhood development; school management and leadership
- Proven experience writing winning proposals for projects funded by USAID as well as private foundations preferred
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Experience working with multinational writing teams
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to work under tight deadlines