Vac. Number :BS/20/25
Grade : BS6
Number of posts : 1
Duty Station :Lilongwe
Responsible to : Senior Scientific Officer (BS5).
To oversee daily operations of the laboratory sections.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Checking on test data and compilation of tests reports in the laboratory;
- Supervising senior Laboratory Technician;
- Ensuring that reagents are correctly prepared and standardized at all times;
- Preparing progress reports and annual budgets for the sections;
- Conducting relevant consultancies;
- Checking and consolidating progress reports for the sections;
- Developing Standards Operating Procedures;
- Appraising performance of the Senior Technicians;
- Supervising the collection of samples;
- Preparing reference materials; and
- Assigning samples to Laboratory Technicians.
Qualifications and Experience
Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or Food Science or Food Technology obtained from a recognized institution with at least two (2) years of experience in a similar field.
How to Apply
Interested persons who meet the above specifications should submit written applications letters accompanied by comprehensive and up to date Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant academic certificates with at least three traceable referees in a sealed envelope to the following address before close of business on 30th June,2020.
Malawi Bureau of Standards
P. O. Box 946
Note: The Malawi Bureau of Standards is an equal opportunity employer therefore females are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.