In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, logistics, procurement, management, business or public administration and/ or Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS) or equivalent/related field
- Must be a registered Member of Malawi Institute of Procurement and Supply (MIPS)
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience working in Procurement, preferably in an NGO/and/or development program, with in depth experience in managing complex sourcing processes and supplier relationships
- Ideally knowledge of procurement processes, rules and regulations in the INGO/UN System
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Experience in supply chain management in an emergency environment focusing on Procurement,
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies.
- Willingness to undertake field travel as required and work in difficult environments according to travel environments
- Fluency in written and spoken English, knowledge of local language is preferred too.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.