In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Malawi School Certificate of Education plus clean and valid Driving Licence.
- Valid Defensive Driving Certificate.
- Certificate in Motor vehicle servicing and repairing will be an advantage.
- First Aid Certificate
- 3-5 Years of continuous experience in driving vehicles in a busy organization
- Problem solving skills including ability to effectively prioritise assigned tasks;
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English and Chichewa;
- Willingness and ability to work in a collaborative and inclusive manner with peers and other colleagues
- Knowledge and experience in minor motor vehicle repairs;
- Self-motivated and creative;
- Basic computer skills (knowledge of Excel and Word processing packages)
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers