Chikho Hotels is now hiringa formidable team that will take the newly constructed Chikho Hotel to greater heights.
Position: Sales, Marketing and Guest Liaison Officer
Posting at Chikho Hotel, Mponela
The Sales, Marketing and Guest Liaison Officer will report to the Finance and Operations Manager and the Hotel manager
Chikho Hotels Limited is looking for a Sales, Marketing and Guest Liaison Officer is responsible for the daily sales efforts and is responsible for the overall positioning of the hotel, brand communication and the development of customers for the property including, Rooms, Dining
Outlets, and Events.
The Sales, Marketing and Guest Liaison Officer is also responsible for rental revenue, yield strategies, implementation, market performance and meeting budget, forecast, and optimal business mix targets. Strategies will include pricing, status, direct sales, market mix, marketing,
and public relations. Candidates must have a dynamic leadership style, possessing excellent communication and decision making skills and an astute business acumen.
- Prepares Sales Reports and annual Sales & Marketing Plan
- Creates an effective Sales Programs that will increase awareness and positive
- perception of Chikho Hotels, its activities, culinary services, and personnel.
- Assist Managing Director in preparation of the marketing, advertising, sales plans,programs and annual budget; manages within approved plans and budgets
- Develop rates, group sales deployment strategies through review of competitive data, demand analysis and mix management.
- Ability to stand and move throughout the hotel property and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand in the local community
- Direct and manage all group, transient, and banquet sales activities to maximize revenue for the hotel.
- Prepare, implement and compile data for the strategic sales plan, monthly reports, annual goals, sales and marketing budget, forecasts and other reports as directed/required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of travel industry, current market trends and economic factors
- Ability to think outside the box and devise strategies to stand ahead of competition.
- Ability to effectively listen, communicate and perform diplomacy with internal and
- external customers and staff in all situations. At least diploma in marketing but demonstrable hand on experience is considered an asset for the job
- A strong network of prospective clientele
- Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the sales/marketing/hospitality profession
- Minimum five years of sales and marketing in the luxury hotel industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and property management systems.
- Command of the English language both written and verbal
- Strong media, presentation and computer skills
- Must hand a valid driver’s licence
How to apply
Applications stating expected net salary and CV including contacts for three professional referees should be emailed to:
Applicants must indicate the position they are applying for and their name in the subject line. All attached files should be saved under the applicant’s name. Deadline for receipt of applications is Monday, 15th February 2021, 5:00PM. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Chikho Hotels Limited is an equal opportunities employer.