United Civil Servants SACCO is a member owned institution that offers a range of savings and credit products to civil servants in Malawi its goal is to improve the social economic lives of all civil servants in Malawi.
It therefore invites applications from candidates with the passion and drive to help in improving their community and country.
Employment Type: Contract
The overall objective of this job is to pioneer the sustainable growth of the Sacco membership by coming up with growth and retention strategies and managing the sales initiatives. The job holder is also responsible for planning and meeting of annual targets in membership and saving targets of the Sacco through the use of sales team, branch and satellite network. He is also responsible for marketing activities: advertising, promotions, brand visibility and new market growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Membership Recruitment and Retention
- Developing and implementing strategies for recruitment of new members as per the target in the strategic business plan.
- Developing and implementation of strategies to retain existing members and reduce attrition to recommendable levels.
- Creation of sales leads for the sales teams.
- Having up to date government staffing per district and department.
- Making sure that all new members of the Sacco have been given welcoming letters.
- Making proper arrangements for monthly member education (financial literacy and savings culture).
Management of Sales Team
- Management of sales team by motivating them accordingly to achieve their targets.
- Periodic assessments of the sales team and recommendations given to management.
- Provision of trainings needs for sales team to Human Resources Department.
Training of sales team.
- Promotion of products and services of the SACCO to the general public through adverts, campaigns e.t.c
- Mobilization of deposits according to given targets.
- Cross – selling of Sacco loans to potential members and existing member
- Daily, weekly and monthly reporting of member statistics based on branch achievement against given targets
- Maintaining company’s public relations
- Leading in the CSR strategies and activities of the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business-related field plus 3 years’ experience in a sales department.
- Good written and oral communication.
- Good interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Ability to develop rapport with company’s market stakeholder: press, board, government department leaders.
- Computer literacy.
- Training and facilitation skills.
- Have a strong desire, passion and enthusiasm to drive high levels of performance.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should send their application letters with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) plus copies of certificates not later 20th October 2020 to:
The General Manager
United Civil Servants Sacco
P.O Box 294
Email: [email protected] cc: [email protected]