The Smallholder Farmers’ Fertilizer Revolving Fund of Malawi (SFFRFM) is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates of Malawi origin to the position of Sales and Marketing Manager tenable at its Head Office, at ULIMI House In Blantyre. The Sales and Marketing Manager will be reporting to the Chief Executive Officer.
The overall responsibility of the Sales and Marketing Manager will be to provide effective and efficient leadership to the sales and marketing team. Specifically the Sales and Marketing Manager will lead in planning the strategic sales and marketing direction, including setting sales and marketing targets, coordinating sales and marketing operations in Regional Depots (North, Central and South) operating as strategic business units .
1. SPECIFIC DUTIES
Take full responsibility for the funds’ marketing and sales operations, including but not limited to:
- Development of a marketing and sales strategy to ensure market leadership, penetration and growth.
- Achievement of the Funds’ planned sales and marketing objectives, volumes, and annual sales budget
- Conducting sales and marketing intelligence by researching, monitoring and evaluating the business environment where the Fund is operating in.
- Determining and making recommendations on location to establish new markets and in which the fund should maintain its market presence
- Developing and updating a market and sales operations policy, covering distribution, pricing guidelines, staffing mix at markets, purchases and selling mix, inventory control etc;
- Managing key customers’ accounts to provide business confidence.
- Preparing annual departmental budgets for the sales and marketing Department.
- Ensuring that Funds’ marketing infrastructure is kept in a good state of repair at all times and is well secure.
- Championing the implementation of improved customer care services and publicity to help attract and retain wider customer base and confidence in the Funds/inducts and transactions.
- Regularly preparing and submitting to Chief Executive Officer various reports on fertilizer and farm inputs sales and marketing activities.
- Advising the Chief Executive Officer or stakeholders on matters related to the sales and marketing of fertilizer and agricultural produce industry.
- Producing tender documents, dossiers, responding to business proposals and enquiries.
2. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Masters degree in Marketing obtained from a reputable university with three years post qualification experience.
- A Bachelors Degree in Business Management or Agri Business or Marketing with 5 years post qualification experience.
- Possession of a professional qualification in marketing with five years post qualification experience i.e CIM will be an added advantage
- Five-years work experience in a senior management position in a reputable commercial organisation.
3. PERSON SPECIFICATIONS
- Must demonstrate good understanding of agricultural marketing,
- Must have knowledge of Malawi Government’s agricultural marketing policies and strategies
- Must have strong analytical skills .
- Must have five-year experience in complex negotiations in international trade deals and contracts
- Must have some competencies in human resource management, ICT/planning and evaluation
- Be self-starter, effective team player and demonstrate a verifiable result-oriented track record
(NB: When sending your application, please indicate how you relate to the qualifications, experience and person specifications as defined in this advertisement)
4. SUBMISSION AND APPLICATION
Qualified and interested individuals should submit applications and detailed curriculum vitae with copies of certificates indicating their current postal and email addresses, telephone numbers and names of three (3) traceable referees in sealed envelopes clearly marked ” Vacancy: Sales and Marketing Manager’ not later than 16:00 hours on Friday,29th May, 2020 to:
Appointments and Disciplinary Committee
Smallholder Farmers Fertilizer Revolving Fund of Malawi
P.O. Box 2505,
Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged