CCAP Nkhoma Health Department invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced applicants for the position of Psychosocial Counselor tenable at Nkhoma Mission Hospital. This is a three year (36 months) employment contract subject to renewal based on overall efficiency, conduct and diligence with which He employee is discharging his/her duties as well as the overall performance and availability of funding.
Position: Psychosocial Counselor
- Planning and implementing counselling therapy, together with the evaluation of the outcome of therapy.
- Writing of daily, weekly reports on client’s progress and submit the reports to the Project Coordinator.
- Compiling accurate monthly and quarterly departmental statistics and reports for presentation to the Project Coordinator.
- Participating it the formulation of yearly departmental goals / objectives. Initiating, planning and facilitating new programs to clients and the community under the direction of Project Coordinator and other team members.
- Conducting outreach and home visits for patients with problems and submitting the reports to the project coordinator.
- Providing an individualised, client centred and goal directed care to clients undergoing counseling services at Nkhoma Hospital and its catchment area.
- Providing counselling therapy to guardians and employees upon need.
- Responding to all referrals for clients needing counselling services
- Being a member of Multi-Disciplinary Team meetings
- Conducting home visits and follow-ups of clients upon need.
- Working with individual clients and groups applying psychological principles and understanding with the objective of assisting them to change, improve, understand or better management of their situation.
- Referring clients to Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT).
- Working with other team members to provide education and counselling to clients on issues as they relate to mental health and addiction.
- Ensuring implementation of formulated departmental goals and set standards.
- Ensuring safe record keeping of client’s information.
- Taking part in program evaluation and development activities to maintain a high quality of service consistent with best practices.
- Evaluating clients counseling therapy and act accordingly.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Minimum o’ Diploma is Psychosocial Counselling from reputable College.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in the similar field.
Note: All applicants should be conversant with the teachings and traditions of CCAP Nkhoma Synod. !hose who already applied should reapply.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted together with copies of certificates and detailed Curriculum Vitae which should include names and detailed contacts of at least three traceable referees and applicant’s current working phone numbers. These should be sent to the following address by close of business on 20th July, 2020.
The Human Resource Management Officer
P.O Box 48
Alternatively, applications may also be sent to the following email address:
Email: [email protected]