The Catholic Commission for Justice and Peace (CCJP) is an advocacy arm of the Catholic Church in the Diocese of Mzuzu and falls directly under the Directorate of Social Development. CCJP complements the pastoral efforts of the Diocese by implementing a range of projects focusing onsocial justice and peace, human rights, governance and rule of law. CCJP finance department has a vacancy for the post of Projects accountant which needs to be filled and in the spirit of integration pursued by the Diocese of Mzuzu, the post holder shall work hand in hand with the Director of Finance, Investment and Administration.
Post: PROJECTS ACCOUNTANT
Reports To: Director of Finance, Investment & Administration (DOFIA)
We are looking for an experienced Projects Accountant to oversee accounting operations of all projects implementedby CCJP by controlling and verifying project financial transactions.
- Ensure that sound accounting and internal control systems are adhered to throughout the project life cycle.
- Oversee the preparation of financial statements and production of management accounts.
- Prepare and implement annual budget work plans, budget monitoring and controlling expenditures.
- Produce error-free accounting reports, analyze financial information and summarize financial status for all projects
- Identify financial errors and suggest management approaches to improve efficiency and spending.
- Participate in financial standards setting and forecast processes.
- Provide input into CCJP target setting processes in compliance with Diocese of Mzuzu financial core values.
- Document and submit financial reports to donors, partners and Mzuzu Diocese management.
- Carry out any financial related duties assigned to him /her by the Director of Finance, Investment and Administration in the Diocese of Mzuzu
- A dedicated Christian with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Finance
- Ability and hands-on experience with accounting software such as QuickBooks and Fresh Books
- Proven Experience as a Projects Accountant, Financial Controller, Accounting Supervisor
- An-depth understanding and application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principle
- Demonstrable commitment to Catholic Values and knowledge of the Catholic Social Teaching
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements and systems coupled with proven skills in MS Excel, Lookups and pivot tables.
How to apply
Please send your application to the following post address and email not later that 12th February, 2021.
Director of Social Development,
Diocese of Mzuzu,
P.O. Box 2,
Email: [email protected]
Note: CCJP promotes women empowerment and as such women are encouraged to apply