Project Manager – Rebranding HIV Treatment (U=U)
REPORTS TO: Global Project Director
Purpose of the Job:
Leads the Malawi component of a 2-year BMGF, PEPFAR, J&J funded multi country HIV treatment literacy campaign. He/she oversees in-country insights gathering, campaign development and execution. The manager should have demonstrated experience in project management, in high level stakeholder management and have significant leadership experience. The successful candidate will be familiar with Malawi Ministry of Health priorities and strategies around HIV prevention, treatment, and care.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads in-country campaign development and implementation among core target population according to strategy and plans designed in tandem with global program team, research partner and a regional creative agency.
- Leads Malawi technical input into campaign design and production with the global program team, research partner and the regional creative agency
- Leads in country program budgeting, work planning, programmatic and financial reporting to the global program team.
- Supports MOHCC to form and lead in-country campaign advisory committee to gain multi-stakeholder buy in and commitment to the campaign throughout
- Represents the Malawi treatment literacy program to Ministry of Health, the global team, to funding partners and to leveraged campaign implementation partners like HIV clinical facility -based partners.
- Supports in-country monitoring and evaluation of the campaign, providing inputs to the global program team efforts to demonstrate the effectiveness and replicability of the campaign globally
- Supervises full time and part time staff according to SMART MBOs and providing routine feedback, coaching and mentoring.
- Master’s Degree in Public health or in any relevant field with 3-5 years’ experience on similar position
- Project Management experience.
- Demonstrated experience in leading budget and work plan management and in managing full time and consultant staff
- Ability to work with a regional and global team, leading in-country implementation while advising global strategy design
- Familiarity with the Malawi MoH and National HIV Program strategies, priorities, and approaches a plus.
- Comfort representing the program to a range of audiences and stakeholders, including government, donors, multilateral organizations, beneficiary communities, the media and civil society.
- Experience with advocacy to government and non-government channels.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English,
How to apply
Email: [email protected]
include the position title you are applying for in the subject line of your email
DEADLINE: Friday, 10th December, 2020 by 12:00, noon