mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across ten sub-Saharan African countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower women living with HIV to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities. Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families. Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence.
It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. To date, m2m has reached over 11M women and children under two, and created more than 11,000 jobs for African women living with HIV. For more, visit www.m2m.org.
To oversee implementation of quality m2m Expert Clients program, and new mothers at m2m sites in selected areas in selected districts of Malawi. Supervise all
Description of Tasks / Key Performance Areas
Management and Supervision: (60/100)
Site Financial , Administration and HR (40 /100)
Qualifications and Experience:
• Degree/diploma in Nursing, Social Science or related field
• Excellent knowledge/exposure of national ART protocols and policies.
• Minimum of 4 years’ field experience preferably in the HIV/AIDS area of Public Health or NGO environment, with at least 2 years’ in a managerial role
• Strong project management experience
• Applied knowledge of Human Resource Management
• Applied knowledge of M & E systems and tools
• Applied knowledge of financial management systems
• Excellent communication, time management skills, good reporting and writing skills
• Demonstrated experience in maintaining strategic relationships with external stakeholders at multiple levels
• Strong computer literacy (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, Internet)
• Willingness to travel.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
Start receiving jobs alerts directly to your email