The Sustainable Food Systems for Rural Resilience and Transformation (TRANSFORM) program is a four-year program funded by the Royal Norwegian Embassy with initial one-year inception phase and thereafter a three-year agreement. The program will be coordinated by three Norwegian organizations namely the Norwegian Church Aid (NCA), the Development Fund of Norway (DF), and Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU). The overall objective is to strengthen local food systems in selected Extension Planning Areas (EPAs) in five of Malawi’s rural districts and to demonstrate a sustainable improvement of food and nutrition security, resilience to climate change and income among agriculture-dependent rural households. By increasing resilience to climate change, diversifying agriculture production, developing new value chains and closing the gender gap in agriculture, the program will contribute towards transformation of the agricultural sector in Malawi.
As one of the implementing partners for NCA, Mzuzu CADECOM therefore invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the following vacant positions.
Position : Project Manager
Grade : MD4
Location : Mzimba
Reports to : CADECOM Programmes Coordinator
To ensure full facilitation in the planning, implementation, and monitoring of all projects being implemented in the sub-office catchment area.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the implementation of local food systems, new value chains, closing gender gap in agriculture, resilience to climate change and income among agriculture-dependent rural households.
- Ensure the project is implemented to meet donor expectations in terms of timely and quality results and budget, including strategies for phase out and sustainability.
- Coordinating MEAL-activities, overall Implementation of the programme’s MEALstandards and quality assurance of MEAL related reporting by project team.
- Support CADECOM Programmes Manager in the development of standards, templates and minimum requirements for data management, monitoring and reporting.
- Appraise Finance and Administration Assistant (FAA) and technical team members to ensure project objectives are completed as required and where possible Counsel and discipline team members who do not perform to expectations or who violate organisational policies.
- Coordinate with Finance and Administration Assistant (FAA) in promoting, uphold and model a commitment to the efficient use of donor resources and timely liquidation.
- Facilitate the dissemination of success stories, promising practices and lessons learned to contribute to TRANSFORM Programme’s views and vision.
- Represent CADECOM /to local government authorities, forums and other partners as necessary, ensure all relevant partners and stakeholders are kept informed of CADECOM activities as appropriate.
- Ensure Cross-cutting ( gender, diversity, HIV and AIDS and environmental) Issues are effectively taken on board In all program plans and activities.
- Prepare and submit activity, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual and other reports as demanded from time to time.
- Develop viable project proposals for CADECOM and the Diocese.
- Do any other duties as may be assigned by the management Team of CADECOM & the Diocese at large
- Degree in Agriculture, Agribusiness Management, Agronomy, Irrigation Engineering or similar field required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with preferably focusing in the area of Climate-Smart Agriculture, Agro-biodiversity, Lead Farmer approach, Farmers Field Schools (FFSs), Farmer organization, Research and innovation, Micro-investment Approach, Access to Finance,, value addition and marketing.
- 2 years of staff management experience and abilities that is conducive to a learning environment.
- Strong strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make solid judgment and decisions.
- Team leadership abilities with diverse/multi-disciplinary teams. Coaching skills.
- Strong communications and presentation skills; able to develop tailored and persuasive messaging for varied audiences.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
Other attributes and abilities
- Computer literate (MS Office, Excel)
- Have strong intra and interpersonal skills
- Communicate clearly both when speaking and writing in English
- Commitment to work in a team and supportive to other team members through ideas and skills
- A committed and practicing Christian.
How to apply
JOB APPLICATIONS attaching detailed CV with contact phone numbers, names and addresses of three traceable referees and a letter from your church should be posted to:
The Diocesan Director of Social Development,
P.O. Box 2,
JobApplications should be received not later than 1st September 2020
- ALL applications MUST be posted or sent by courier or hand delivered to Jobidon House, behind Mchengautuba Filling Station. Emailed applications will not be attended to.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.
NOTE: It is not the policy of the Diocese to refund and/or reimburse any costs related to job applications and attendance at interview.