Pakachere Institute of Health and Development Communication is a registered local NGO that specialises in social and behaviour change communication and delivery of specialised HIV and sexual and reproductive health services for key and priority populations in Malawi. We aim to empower all Malawians to choose and sustain healthy behaviours through evidence-based health and development communication, community mobilization, advocacy and delivery of stigma free health care services. Pakachere wishes to recruit highly competent, proactive and self-driven individuals to fill the following vacancies that are available:
Position: Project Finance Officer
Responsible to: Head of Finance & Administration
Key relationship: Project Lead, Database Officer, HTS Nurse, M&E Assistant
Salary: Competitive consummate with experience and education
Working hours: 40 hours
Contract: Full time, 1 year contract – renewable
Purpose of Job
- Providing financial and administrative support to stakeholders (employees, partners and targeted beneficiaries of the project)
- Ensure timely production of financial reports to donors.
- Support budget preparation with program teams.
- Ensure compliance of laws and regulations.
- Preparation of vouchers for payment;
- Checking validity of payment documents;
- Timely submission of Statutory Obligations as and when they become due.
- Ensure that all documentation are up to date and properly filed;
- Accurate posting of financial transactions in Accounting package;
- Prepare finance reports for the relevant donor as and when required;
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliations.
- Preparation of donor budgets
- Create the platform for audits;
- Budgetary and monitoring control so that spending is within budget.
- Managing general terms with services providers.
- Liaises with Programs Administrator on procurements for budget purposes.
- Being a key point of contact for other departments on financial and accounting matters.
- Supporting the HOF/DOF and executives with projects and tasks when required.
- Manages and files all documentation pertaining to the project.
- Advising project teams the terms of all donor funded activities.
- Reconciling daily, monthly and yearly financial transaction to ensure accountability.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least three (3) years of experience in Finance and Accounting in a donor funded project preferably USAID
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited Tertially University in Accounting is preferred;
- Knowledge of USAID regulations,
- Knowledge of Quick books/any accounting system.
- Membership with ICAM.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience;
- Fluency in English.
Desired Skills & Attributes:
- Reporting, interpersonal and communication skills
- Proactive and analytical.
- Demonstrable financial management experience on USAID cooperative agreements, including USAID policy, procedures, and reporting requirements, experience managing USAID-funded grants programs, and experience in field-based accounting.
- Knowledge of Accounting systems
- Should be honest and reliable
- Due care competence and skill.
- Ability to resolve financial queries from donors and clients
How to apply
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates should submit their applications, including detailed Curriculum vitae (CV) with three traceable referees clearly marked with the position being applied for to:
Email: [email protected]
and addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
P O Box 30248
Please do not attach any certificates when submitting. Closing date for receiving applications is 24th October 2020 and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Pakachere IHDC is an equal opportunities employer; therefore all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment.