Palladium is a global leader in the design, development, and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. For the past 50 years, we have worked with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities, and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental, and financial benefits. Today, Palladium has more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries alongside a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts committed to improving economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives. In Malawi, with approximately 70 staff, Palladium manages five projects addressing health, agriculture, governance, and data systems and analytics; funded by USAID, FCDO and a private foundation.
We are seeking a Project Director for an upcoming USAID health project.
Position: Project Director
The Project Director assumes overall responsibility for overall project management and implementation.
- Serves as the main interface between the project and USG stakeholders and Palladium HQ senior management.
- Assumes responsibility for partner management ensuring that partners are fully engaged and participate in the project.
- Responsible for overseeing project budget and finances including financial performance reporting, budget projections and project spending.
- Prepares analyses, recommendations, briefing notes, white papers, and assessments for internal and client use.
- Master’s degree in public health, public administration, healthcare administration, or a related field.
- At least 12 years’ of progressively increasing responsibility work in public health with at least 5 years’ experience in a senior leadership position on a project that is implemented on similar scale and context like Malawi.
- Experience with maternal, neonatal, child health and family planning projects strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical, management and supervisory skills.
- Experience in interacting with host country agencies, including national and district government, development partners, civil society and community-based organizations is essential.
- Prior experience developing strategic plans, workplans, and/or activity plans for large service delivery programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively and high comfort level writing and presenting data and information in a compelling way to difference audiences.
How to apply
Interested candidates submit a cover letter indicating the position of interest, and CV to: