POSITION: Project Coordinator
START DATE: 1st June 2021
Welthungerhilfe is one of the largest private old organizations in Germany. It provides aid from a single source: From rapid disaster relief to reconstruction and long-term development cooperation projects with local partner organizations, based on the principle of help for self-help.
Since its establishment in 1962, more than 8,120 overseas projects in 70 countries have been supported – for a world without hunger and poverty.
Malawi Project Office in Dedza is looking for a dynamic and honest candidate to fill the vacant position of Project Coordinator.
Position: Project Coordinator
Overall Role of the position
Oversee the day-to-day management of the project including planning, coordination, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the project activities, in accordance with the implementation and Work Plans, as well as budget, ensuring quality assurance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure efficient management of two projects at district level through proper coordination, planning, budgeting, implementation, monitoring, and timely reporting
- Support district project leads, sector engagement in and advocacy and linkages with line ministries and technical working groups
- Contribute to supporting district sector strengthening, planning, monitoring implementation of the project.
- Ensure proper project documentation and stakeholder engagement at district level and outside WHH with approval.
- Ensure good working relations with all programme stakeholders inducing – but not limited to – government, civil society, private sector, and beneficiaries
- Coordinate and support in ensuring project monitoring, evaluation and reporting systems are in place.
- Ensure efficient management of project finances and other resources.
- Review achievements and prepare monthly, quarterly progress reports and updates.
- Supervises performance of project team members.
- Conduct annual appraisals for project staff members and administer coaching and mentoring sessions with staff where necessary.
- Organize trainings and capacity building for the project staff, extension workers and local partners within the project. .
- Support other interconnected activities in other projects within WHH and implementing partners at district level
- Any other duties assigned by the Project Specialist, Head of Project or Country Director
- Degree level education in Water Resources, Environmental Health, Rural Development, or any related.
- Previous management experience preferably in WASH, rural development and food & nutrition security with an international NGO.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in programme and people management at senior level in a similar/related role.
- Coordination, communication (verbal, written & presentation) and analytical skills, including the ability to work with minimum direct supervision, under pressure and in difficult local conditions.
- Strong understanding and practical experience on Project Cycle Management, monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Knowledge of fie management and other administrative procedures.
- Excellent command of English, both spoken and written
- Strong computer skills especially with Word and Excel and other related packages.
Candidates should state how much they are expecting as a net salary.
We offer you the opportunity of working in an extremely committed team, and a range of duties involving a high degree of responsibility. Additionally, Welthungerhilfe is an equal opportunity employer, therefore women are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Applications — composed of a cover letter, an up-to-date CV and at-least 3 reachable referees for the last three employers where the candidate worked for more than one year (referees strictly for professional superiors only not friends) — should be submitted to the following email address: