Transform is a four-year programme (With a 1-year inception phase) which will be coordinated by three Norwegian organizations namely the Norwegian Church Aid (NCA), the Development Fund of Norway (DF), and Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU). The overall objective is to strengthen local food systems in selected areas in five of Malawi’s rural districts and to demonstrate a sustainable improvement of food and nutrition security, resilience to climate change and income among agriculture-dependent rural households. By increasing resilience to climate change, diversifying agriculture production, developing new value chains and closing the gender gap in agriculture, the program will contribute to the transformation of the agricultural sector in Malawi. NCA is seeking to recruit the following on an initial 1-year contract
Position: Programme Officer
Reporting to Program Coordinator – Economic Empowerment and Fighting Inequality
- Work with the NCA team under the overall strategic guidelines and program priorities defined by Climate Smart Economic Empowerment strategic initiative and Transform Program.
- Work with national partner organizations under the supervision of economic empowerment coordinator to facilitate and conduct technical assessments, mapping of potential market opportunities and value chain development
Champion the micro investment approach to poverty reduction and food security
Provide technical guidance to national partner organizations in areas such as value chain development.
Accompany national partner organizations in establishing incubator farmer model.
Identify strategic partnerships with private sector and technical assistance partners as exit partners.
Identify gaps in national partner organizations capacity and organize relevant trainings for them under the supervision of economic empowerment coordinator.
Conduct extended monitoring visits to field locations
Ensure timely submission of reports from implementing partners
Represent NCA in relevant coordination and networking forums.
- Candidates must have at least 5 years of relevant experience, demonstrating extensive knowledge of climate resilience agriculture.
- A demonstrated track record in managing time, deadlines, and budgets is essential.
Essential qualifications include:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in one or more disciplines relevant to Climate Smart Economic Empowerment, e.g. Agricultural Economics, Environmental Sciences, Agribusiness.
- Experience in nutrition and food security will be an added advantage.
- Ability to synthesize ideas and communicate effectively with diverse audiences, including partners, colleagues, policymakers, and other donors (government and private).
- Capacity to communicate orally and in writing, in a range of settings.
- Very strong analytical and drafting skills, the ability to meet deadlines and to produce concise, top- quality work at strategic and operational levels.
- Drive for Results – Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed upon results.
- Teamwork (collaboration and inclusion) – Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to Productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
NCA is an equal opportunity employer; men, women and those with disability are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
NCA is an equal opportunity employer; men, women and those with disability are encouraged to apply. Applications including CV, a statement of why you are suitable for the job and should include names and contact details of two traceable references should be sent to:
The Country Director
Norwegian Church Aid
P.O. Box 30793
Email: [email protected]
Applications should be submitted by Close of Business on Monday 29th June 2020.