Network for Youth Development (NfYD) was established in October, 2009 and is duly registered as a local NGO under the Trustees Incorporation, Council for Non Governmental Organisations (CONGOMA) and NGO Board in Malawi.
NfYD is committed to empowering youth and children to act around youth issues that affect their lives and play an active role in the development process. The organization also gives a forum to young women and young men from different backgrounds to share ideas, exchange experiences and learn from each other in the struggle for a better life.
NfYD empower youths in Malawi by offering access to relevant skills and knowledge that help them make more informed decisions that create better futures for them and their families.
In partnership with other like minded organisations, NfYD will implement a five year (2020-2024) integrated programme to end child early and forced marriage. The programme will contribute to promoting equality for girls by addressing root causes of child marriage and teen pregnancy in Lilongwe, Mulanje and Phalombe districts.
NfYD seeks experienced persons with solid knowledge and skills to fill the following positions:- Project Officers
Position: Programme Manager (1 post)
Based at NfYD Head Office in Lilongwe
Purpose of the Position
Project Manager will support the organisation by providing overall leadership and coordination on the implementation of this programme in Mulanje, Phalombe and Lilongwe districts.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with key partners in the project; including government and local stakeholders.
- Facilitate and support regular review meetings with Monitoring and Evaluation Manager and Project Officers to check project progress, success, lessons learnt and any implementation challenges.
- Identify, document and disseminate programme best practices and lessons to donor, implementing partners and other stakeholders.
- Supports in the execution of the Monitoring Evaluation plan for the programme.
- Facilitate development and implementation of projects Detailed Implementation Plans (DIP)
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual project reports in compliance with programme expectation.
- Ensure programme implementation is meeting contractual obligations with programme funders.
- Coordinate with partners in keeping girls in school, preventing drop outs caused by teen pregnancies, change norms on child marriage and gender inequality (norms) as well as strengthening Child Protection Structures.
- Facilitate the strengthening of community/beneficiary accountability mechanisms, by ensuring that feedback on issues related to the programme are addressed efficiently.
- Supervise programme staff to ensure timely implementation of activities as well as meeting programme objectives.
- Lead in developing, reviewing, and disseminating guidelines, standards of practice, and other tools to improve quality programming.
- Facilitate the development, preparation, and dissemination of IEC materials.
- Facilitate mainstreaming of gender and rights based approach in all programme activities.
Qualification, skills and experience
- Minimum Degree in Education, Gender studies, Youth Development, Project Management, Development Studies or any other related discipline and at least 3 years progressive work experience.
- Drive for results, take personal ownership and initiative to meet datelines and achieve the agreed results.
- Strong written and verbal communication in English and other local languages is required.
- Demonstrate proficiency of donor reporting, with written, editing and critical analysis skills.
- Team work – collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team’s work and output.
- Willingness to travel to districts on monthly basis and /or if necessary.
Application letter including CV indicating the position you are applying for, and for those applying for the position of Project Officer must indicate the preferred district should be sent to:
The Executive Director,
Network for Youth Development (NfYD),
P.O Box 1154,
Email: [email protected]
Applications should be submitted by close of business on Friday, 5th June 2020.
Note: both men and women are encouraged to apply. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified