Position: Program Officer
Reporting to: Program and Advocacy Manager
Background: White Ribbon Alliance (WRA) Malawi is a people led movement for reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health and rights, and is committed to ensuring girls and women realize their right to quality health and well-being. WRA Malawi is driven by a deep passion to reducing maternal and newborn deaths, protecting girls and women’s reproductive rights, amplifying citizen voices and creating demand for quality, safe and accessible healthcare for all.
The Program Officer will be part of the WRA Malawi Secretariat based in Lilongwe with four key functions:
- Planning and implementation of advocacy campaigns at national and district level
- Production of advocacy materials
- Managing the membership database and communication for WRA Malawi
- Networking and partnership with RMNCH advocates across the country
- Plan, prioritize and sequence the implementation of advocacy activities
- Organize events, meetings, and advocacy campaigns in line with the advocacy plan and related project activities
- Gather information, prepare, and disseminate through various social media platforms
- Establish effective links with media, CSOs, and other actors to positively influence decision makers
- Contribute to the development of annual and quarterly work plans
- Compile and consolidate monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for submission to key stakeholders
- Serve as primary liaison person with the members and partners of WRA Malawi
- Contribute to project proposal development for sustained implementation of RMNCH advocacy initiatives
- Conduct community based participatory planning and joint advocacy initiatives
- Lead in community mobilization and community engagement initiatives leading to positive behavior change and community empowerment
- Clinical or Nursing background. Midwifery training a must.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience; Project Management diploma or degree qualification preferred.
- Experience in project implementation desirable
- Experience in work planning and budget development
- Proven experience in advocacy and community mobilization
- Proven ability to create and lead effective advocacy partnerships, working groups and coalitions.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) complex issues in a concise, compelling, and easily understandable manner.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Be willing to travel to remote areas and working odd hours
- Expert computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates are requested to submit application letters, Curriculum Vitae (CVs) with three traceable referees, and relevant copies of certificates not later than 25 September 2020 to [email protected]
WRA Malawi is an equal opportunity employer, appreciates all applications. However, only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
Please note that we will not accept any application submitted in any other means other than through the email address provided.
For more information about White Ribbon Alliance Malawi, visit our website www.whiteribbonalliance.org