Amref Health Africa is the largest international health development organisation based in Africa. Working with and through African communities. health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa’s vision is to bring tasting health change tn Africa and is committed to improving the health of people tn Africa by partnering with and empowering communities, and strengthening health systems. With headquarters in Kenya. Amref Health Africa has offices in Ethiopia, Uganda, South Sudan, Kenya, Tanzania, Southern Africa and West Africa providing services to over 30 countries. Employing over 900 staff and with an annual operating budget of approximately $100 million, Amref Health Africa is a knowledge resource for donors and partners. For more information on Amref Health Africa, please visit www.amref.org.
Amref Health Africa in Malawi is inviting suitably qualified applicants for the position of Procurement Officer (Ref/2021/01/001) to be based at the Head Office in Lilongwe. Reporting to the Regional HR & Administration Manager, the Procurement Officer shall be responsible for the following:
Position: Procurement Officer (Ref/2021/01/001)
Main purpose of the job
The Procurement Officer will provide support to the Procurement function including secretarial and logistical assistance, procurement and other project administrative support to ensure efficient office and procurement operations.
Specific Key Responsibilities:
- Managing the procurement process of goods. services and civil works in a transparent and ethical manner following different donor regulation e.9. EU, USAID, Global Fund.
- Developing and establishing standards and specifications for the procurement of organizational goods and services.
- Preparation of prequalification and tender documents, receipt of bids and analysis.
- Assist in the preparation of procurement plan
- Managing Contracts with suppliers of goods and services – especially Fast Moving goods (FMGs)
- Reviewing supply contracts to evaluate overall revisions, price and past performance of each contract prior to bid or renewal.
- Receiving and recording approved purchase initiation forms;
- Soliciting quotations from vendors according lo approved threshold values from suppliers:
- Preparing price analysis before submission to head of unit for approval / recommendations:
- Liaising with user departments for confirmation of required specifications:
- Preparing purchase requisition forms and submit for approval in different levels:
- Preparing LPOs for approval and ordering of selected goods/services.
- Advising requisitioning parties on current trends, contract risks, and procurement best practices, effects of procurement costs on budgets and cash forecasts or variations of any kind.
- Retrieving documents from filing system
- Acting as first contact to handle requests for information and data from stakeholders
- Preparing written responses to routine enquiries
- Preparing and modifying documents including correspondence, reports, drafts. memos and emails
- Preparing agendas for meetings and prepare schedules
- Receiving goods and check for specification with the user / technical personnel;
- Signing of delivery notes and issues GRN: and
- Issuing the goods to the users and submit the complete documents to cashier for process payments.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or Procurement and Supplies or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- A minimum of two (2) years working experience in procurement and Supplies unit
- Registered with relevant professional body
- Knowledge of application of Public Procurement Act and its regulations
- Knowledge of procurement and materials management package
- Knowledge of storekeeping and inventory management
- Mature, responsible and a very honest personality
Competencies and Skills
- Strong Analytical skills
- Good Report writing skills:
- Planning and organization:
- Attention to detail;
- High Quality work
- Good Interpersonal and Communication skills
- Proficiency in ICT
- Team player: Confidentiality Ethical; High Integrity; Reliability:
- Ability to work within deadlines
How to apply:
To apply. please send your (CV) resume and cover letter before Friday 12th February, 2021 to:
Email: [email protected] quoting the relevant reference subject line.
Kindly be advised that Hard copy applications will not be accepted. Those that responded to our earlier advert of Procurement Assistant need not apply again.
Duty note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and have not retained any agent in connection with recruitment.
Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking