Banja La Mtsogolo (BLM) is a Malawian Non-Governmental Healthcare Organization established in 1987. BLM provides quality Family Planning and Reproductive Healthcare including HIV/AIDS information and interventions.
BLM is a senior member of the Marie Stopes International (MSI) Partnership which works in 43 countries. BLM exists to improve quality of life in Malawi through family planning and reproductive health care services.
BLM serves over 800,000 clients annually and makes a significant contribution to national family planning objectives. The organization has national coverage, operating through 25 clinics, and numerous outreach clinic sites.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following Vacant position of Procurement Manager.
Position: Procurement Manager
The Procurement Manager manages a team of procurement Officers and an assistant. (S)he leads the team to ensure all goods and services required by the organisation are procured in accordance with BLM policies and standards. (S)he will report to the BLM’s Chief Financial Officer.
Procurement process management;
- Provide adequate and timely procurement support to all programme activities, including appropriate supplier contract management, acquisition of goods and services.
- Ensure all procurement is compliant with donor and BLM procurement procedures/requirements
- Ensure the appropriate, compliant and accurate usage of procurement systems and tools
- In collaboration with cost centre managers, develop procurement plans
- Implement, review and monitor procurement plans for all projects to ensure adequate lead time for timely procurement and delivery of good and services
- Manage the timely supplier prequalification exercise and approval process
- Manage supplier relations and performance.
- Lead the procurement team, including direct line management of Procurement Officers, Procurement Coordinator and an Assistant
- Represent the procurement team in internal and external meetings as required
- Role model MSI’s core values and demonstrate MSI behaviours at all times.
Anti-Fraud, Bribery and Corruption
- Ensure protocols and processes are in place and strictly adhered to.
- In collaboration with the Chief Financial Officer ensure that all procurement and related systems procedures are implemented and evidenced across all functions.
- Manage systems for the prevention and detection of fraud and ensure internal controls are strictly adhered to.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree level in Business, supply chain management, accounting, or other relevant degree.
- Member of the Malawi Institute of Procurement and supply chain management
- USAID Rules and Regulations certified (not a requisite).
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience managing procurement functions
- Proven experience in managing a procurement team
- Diplomatic and effective communicator at all levels
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
- Extensive knowledge of USAID, DFID and other donor procurement rules
- Strategic thinker, results oriented
- Excellent analytical skills
- Supportive personnel management style, with the ability to capacity build.
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and dedicated
- Customer and quality focused
- Show an understanding and commitment to BLM’s mission and organisational values
- Be prochoice.
Contract Start Date: Negotiable, but the successful candidate will be required to start performing their duties from the 1st August 2020.
MODE OF APPLICATION
If you are interested and you meet the above requirements, please send your curriculum vitae and cover letter including names and contact details of at least three traceable referees as follows:
- One reference from your current employer or most recent employer
- One reference from your previous employer.
- One reference from your last employer.
All applications should be addressed to:
The Human Resource Director
Banja La Mtsogolo,
P.O. Box 1854,
E-mail: [email protected]
to reach him not later than 25th July 2020.
“Our organization is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and therefore expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment”
BLM is an equal opportunities employer. No canvassing of any kind is allowed.