Malawi Legal Aid Bureau, established under Section 3 of the Legal Act of 2010, is a national public institution mandated to provide legal aid to persons with insufficient means. The scope of the mandate of the Legal Aid Bureau consists of four main tenets, namely legal advice; legal assistance; representation in any court, tribunal or similar
body or authority; and provision of legal education and information.
In a bid to effectively and efficiently deliver its mandate and reach out to as many Malawians as possible, the Bureau invites applications from well qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions:
Vacancy Number LAB/4/20/6
Job Title Process Server (4 positions)
Responsible to Assistant Human Resource Management Officer
Location: Lilongwe, Blantyre, Mzuzu and Zomba
1. MAIN JOB PURPOSE
To support legal and court activities by hand-delivering documents such as
summons, subpoenas, and restraining orders to individuals involved in court
cases. Process Servers maintain records and ensure service is done to right
clients. They also ensure offices are well maintained and tidy.
2. Key Roles and Responsibilities
1. File and service of court and related documents;
2. Locate persons /firm to be served using telephone directories or any other
means and deliver documents;
3. Deliver general messages and documents between the Bureau and other
4. Maintain delivery record of all documents served;
5. Collaborate with legal staff on all relevant actions to be undertaken;
6. Undertake general office assistance duties; and
7. Any other function as assigned by management from time to time.
3. JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND PERFORMANCE FACTORS
1. Minimum Academic, Professional Qualifications and Work Experience
Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE)
1 year experience as Process in a busy institution
Those with Motor Cycle Driver’s License will have added advantage
2. Competencies and Aptitudes
Ability to pay attention to detail
Highly committed to work
Capable of working under minimum supervision
Adherence to work ethics
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should submit application letters, updated curriculum vitae with three (3) traceable referees, copies of certified educational and professional certificates to the following address:
Malawi Legal Aid Bureau,
1st Floor Shire Building,
Off Paul Kagame Highway,
PO Box 675, Lilongwe.
Or Email to: [email protected]
All applications should reach the Director not later than 5:00 pm, Friday, 15th May, 2020.
Please use position title in the subject line. For hand-delivered applications, write the position applied for on the envelope.
Start receiving jobs alerts directly to your email