As an equal opportunity employer that propels diversity, Shayona Cement Corporation is looking for new talent to reinforce its workforce. If you are looking for a career that will take you far in your professional life, Shayona Cement is the place to be.
Position Title: Plant Mechanic
Location: Kasungu Factory
Responsibilities (which include, but not limited to):
- Building and assembling machines or components according to requirements.
- Inspecting machines, engines, transmissions etc and run diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues
- Conduct repairs aimed at maximising reliability
- Troubleshot reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner
- Performing thorough maintenance on machinery, equipment and systems
- Keeping logs of work
- Inspecting machine computer and electronic systems to repair, maintain and upgrade
- Conducting routine maintenance work(replacing fluids, lubricating parts etc) aiming to vehicle functionality and longevity
- Schedule future maintenance sessions.
- Advising operators on good loader/JCB/excavator use
- Repairing, replacing dysfunctional parts and fix issues
- Providing accurate estimates i.e. fuel consumption
Education and Experience
- Must have a grade 1 certificate in Motor vehicle mechanics or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working on excavators, Loaders and JCB.
- Ability to be self-directed and self-motivated and a team player.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
- Fluency in English
How to apply
Candidates should submit their application letter with detailed CV’s and relevant certificates, references including names and contacts to: [email protected] not later than 12th September, 2020.
Or bring a hard copy to our Lilongwe offices, box 679 Lilongwe, area 4 opposite Exploits University