Job title: Plan malawi vacancies
Institution: Plan Malawi
Category: NGO jobs in Malawi
Job location: Lilongwe
The incumbent will be responsible for overseeing and providing guidance on all Nutrition and WASH interventions with the assistance from the Field Facilitators. The incumbent will report to the District Coordinator.
Duties and Accountabilities
• Lead the designing and implementation of interventions aimed at enhancing nutrition security at community level.
• Ensure strong linkages of nutrition component with other components of the project such gender and protection and Agriculture for effective community participation and quality project delivery.
• Coordinate CLTS interventions in the targeted communities for quick adoption of good sanitation and hygiene practices that promotes the general well-being of children and the whole community.
• Coordinate and support knowledge management and learning initiatives for quality project delivery
• Ensure effective and result based coordination and linkages with project stakeholder such as District Council, other NGOs, community level nutrition implementation structure and WFP to ensure support for the project activities.
• Ensure timely project budget burn rate inconsonance with set standards, policies and budget ceiling
• Lead and facilitate the result and evidence-based monitoring and evaluation of Nutrition and WASH activities to assess the attainment of project goals and objectives.
• Timely develop and compile accurate and quality statutory plans and narrative reports, in line with Plan set standards and donor requirements.
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the District Coordinator from time to time.
Dealing with Problems:
• The position involves a level of resolving diverse issues that occur within community and district level. The incumbent should demonstrate good interpersonal skills, people management, problems solving, innovations and negotiation.
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviours, and Experience.
• Experience in field work and community mobilization
• Fluency in both spoken and written English and ability to communicate in Local Language is an added advantage.
• Good skills in capacity-building and training
• In-depth proven knowledge of nutrition and MCH issues
• Computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Strength in interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Flexibility and willingness to change work practices and hours, and capability to work in rural areas
Qualifications and Experience:
• A minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Health or Nutrition or related field
• Short terms course on health and nutrition will be an added advantage
• At least 2 years proven working experience
How to apply
Send your application to [email protected] clearly indication on the subject the name of the position you are applying for. Include a CV and copies of certificates in your application.
Dead line for receiving applications is TUESDAY, 14th July, 2020
Plan International appreciates all applicants but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, applications will be reviewed immediately they are received.
Plan International is an equal opportunity employer
Plan International takes seriously its policies on safeguarding children and young people and workplace safeguarding and will undertake a robust formal and informal measures to undertake robust background checks specifically attributable to these two areas
Plan International Malawi Reserves the right to establish a reserve of suitable candidates for future openings
Start receiving jobs alerts directly to your email