Job title: Gender and Protection Officer (2 positions)
Employer: Plan Malawi
Closing date: 14 July 2020
The incumbent will support the implementation of gender and protection programme activities. The main aim of this position is to support developing community-based protection practices, programs, and activities and mainstream gender in all programming focusing on resilience building.
Duties and Accountabilities
• Support Gender and Protection programme and the communities to implement protection, GBV and gender related projects and activities.
• Conduct capacity building trainings for staff and communities in implementation of minimum standards and various SOPs on gender and protection
• Coordinate and monitor all gender and protection activities in the field, ensuring quality implementation and achievements of results by communities.
• Undertake regular travels to field locations to conduct monitoring visits, activities and/or provide technical support to the communities.
• Ensure smooth implementation of the direct implementation components of the gender and protection programme including complaints and feedback mechanism
• In case of delays and concerns relating to implementation, raise red flags to the relevant stakeholders.
• Attend the field coordination meetings in collaboration with the other program teams.
• Any other gender and protection activities as requested by the supervisor.
• Provide advice and support to the Project Officers and communities in the project design to ensure that all project proposals have been designed with gender sensitive approaches, and the needs of women, girls, boys and men have been clearly considered and included in the design and during the whole project cycle.
• Support the programme team on establishing a gender-sensitive accountability mechanism for beneficiaries.
• Contribute to the gender and protection mainstreaming efforts for the other sectors (i.e. livelihoods, health and WASH).
• Support in developing training materials, modules and material for sessions, oversight on whether staff and mainstreaming gender by appropriately apply the skills acquired through trainings, include planning, evaluative monitoring and reporting.
• Support capacity building of the office staff and community members in the fields of gender and protection mainstreaming.
• Support partners NGOs in maintaining a safe and confidential record keeping system and making sure referral of cases are confidential, safe and in a timely manner;
• Support/help to prepare partner organizations monthly reports and specific reports on programme related topics.
• Review and improve the quality of organization’s existing data collection tools/databases/reporting templates on gender and protection specific activities.
• Provide support in reviewing monitoring and evaluation reports as well as conducting gender and protection related assessments.
• Ensure close coordination with the M&E team to report quality data for gender and protection related outputs.
• Provide assistance in data collection, compiling lessons learned, establishing indicators to support knowledge sharing
• Update internal documents regarding gender and share those with the team and stakeholders
• Keep track of gender and protection related issues in the district; and inform the team on changing vulnerabilities.
• Write success stories related to programme and project developments as they relate to gender equality and protection issues.
• Support the line manager in developing technical materials, SOPs, capacity building and tools.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• University degree and relevant work experience with an NGO with a focus on gender
• Preferred: First degree in a relevant field (Social Science, Public Administration, Business Administration, Developmental Studies)
• 2 years of experience in gender programming, including significant experience on GBV, women’s voice and/or economic empowerment
• Proven skills in partnership building, influencing and negotiation with a range of actors
• Excellent interpersonal and team skills;
• Effective procurement and contract management skills;
• Excellent skills MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Power point;
• Strong organizational skills;
• Ability to multi-task;
• Ability to manage competing priorities
How to apply
Send your application to [email protected] clearly indication on the subject the name of the position you are applying for. Include a CV and copies of certificates in your application.
Dead line for receiving applications is TUESDAY, 14th July, 2020
Plan International appreciates all applicants but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, applications will be reviewed immediately they are received.
Plan International is an equal opportunity employer
Plan International takes seriously its policies on safeguarding children and young people and workplace safeguarding and will undertake a robust formal and informal measures to undertake robust background checks specifically attributable to these two areas
Plan International Malawi Reserves the right to establish a reserve of suitable candidates for future openings
Start receiving jobs alerts directly to your email