Job Title: Project Coordinator (1 position)
Employer: Plan Malawi
Category: NGO jobs in Malawi
Closing date: 14 July 2020
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide overall strategic and technical leadership to project coordinators for excellent project delivery
• Setting performance standards, monitoring performance and ensuring project activities are in line with donor requirement and Plan international standards policies and principles
• Develop and maintain liaisons with the local government, WFP and other humanitarian actors on issues related to the project.
• Manage reporting, documentation, sharing of best practices and ensuring minimum humanitarian standards are being met.
• Lead the periodic result and evidence-based monitoring and evaluation of project activities to assess the attainment of goals and objectives.
• Ensure timely project budget burn rate inconsonance with set standards, policies and budget ceiling and to ensure project resources/materials are utilized effectively and efficiently in meeting project goals and objectives.
• Promote the values-based leadership framework that foster accountability, Safe Guarding of children and young people and Risk Management.
• To manage knowledge management and learning initiatives for quality project delivery.
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Senior Disaster Risk Management and Livelihoods Specialist from time to time.
Dealing with Problems:
• The position involves a high level of resolving diverse issues that occur within community and district level. The incumbent should demonstrate good interpersonal skills, people management, problems solving, innovations and negotiation.
Communications and Working Relationships:
• In order to ensure effective quality project delivery, the position holder will relate with the Senior Disaster Risk Management and Livelihoods Specialist, PAM, M&E officer, and all project coordinators and officers.
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviours, and Experience.
• The candidate required to demonstrate ability to work in a multidisciplinary team and excellent communication (written and oral) skills
• Solid project management skills and experience of managing complex project with a wide geographical scope requiring virtual collaboration.
• Excellent problem-solving skills, resourcefulness to understand and synthesize diverging points of view and resolve conflicts without escalation.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal in order to present arguments clearly and powerfully to a variety of audience
• Interpersonal and people management skills
• Networking and partnership buildings
• Able to work under pressure
• Good computer literacy skills (Microsoft Office package)
• Able to priorities and manage complex and varied workload, often to tight deadlines
• Energetic and motivated individual
Qualifications and Experience:
• A minimum Bachelor’s degree in Social science, Environment, and Agriculture or any related field.
• At least 4 years’ experience in development work especially in community resilience and livelihood programs.
• Proven experience in coordinating humanitarian responses and Disaster Risk management programs.
How to apply
Send your application to [email protected] clearly indication on the subject the name of the position you are applying for. Include a CV and copies of certificates in your application.
Dead line for receiving applications is TUESDAY, 14th July, 2020
Plan International appreciates all applicants but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, applications will be reviewed immediately they are received.
Plan International is an equal opportunity employer
Plan International takes seriously its policies on safeguarding children and young people and workplace safeguarding and will undertake a robust formal and informal measures to undertake robust background checks specifically attributable to these two areas
Plan International Malawi Reserves the right to establish a reserve of suitable candidates for future openings
Start receiving jobs alerts directly to your email