Position : Project Facilitator (8 positions)
Employer: Plan Malawi
The roles of the nutrition officer will be as follows:
• Lead in the implementation, monitoring and adaptation of nutrition sensitive interventions, and SBCC activities to improve the knowledge, attitudes and practices of participants/beneficiaries on nutrition, WASH practices and services at household and community level.
• Provide technical support through coaching and mentorship for quality implementation of nutrition services at district and community level
• Work in collaboration with other stakeholders within and outside the organisation to integrate nutrition in to quality improvement initiatives at community level
• Draft activity monthly and quarterly reports on nutrition related activity
• Establish and maintain solid collaboration with target relevant LGA departments and staff during planning, budgeting, implementation and monitoring of nutrition related activities at health facility and community level.
• Provide support to district nutrition structures to ensure quick and sustainable uptake of improved nutrition behaviours
• Provide timely and accurate written and verbal reporting.
• Contribute to project strategic planning and to well-written, focused project reports, annual implementation plans, success stories and other written products.
• Ensure high quality project implementation, monitoring and reporting.
• Make regular field visits to monitor project quality and collect data.
• Collaborate with MEAL staff to ensure that collection and analysis of data is accurate, rigorous and incorporated into project implementation.
• Coordinate with Nutrition and livelihood Project Coordinator’s in work planning, implementation
• Serve as a nutrition focal point for LGAs, community and other implementing stakeholders at district level,
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in nutrition, health or related field.
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant field experience with an international organization in nutrition programming.
• Strong technical grasp of nutrition and strategies to prevent chronic and acute malnutrition.
• Familiarity / experience with the start-up, management and implementation MCHN and preferably WASH activities, including the formation and training of Care Groups.
• Demonstrated success in providing hands-on training and technical assistance to Care Groups, CSOs, and other stakeholders.
• Demonstrated experience in project and time management.
• Excellent writing and oral communication skills in English required.
• Demonstrated experience in working effectively with CSOs and community-level actors, stakeholders and beneficiaries.
• Experience in applying knowledge of the design, implementation and best practices for behaviour change models for gender-sensitive nutrition, nutrition, and WASH programming.
• Significant knowledge of agriculture, food security, nutrition and gender issues in target project Regions of Tanzania.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations and independently.
• Familiarity and understanding of donor policies and procedures is a plus.
How to apply
Send your application to [email protected] clearly indication on the subject the name of the position you are applying for. Include a CV and copies of certificates in your application.
Dead line for receiving applications is TUESDAY, 14th July, 2020
Plan International appreciates all applicants but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, applications will be reviewed immediately they are received.
Plan International is an equal opportunity employer
Plan International takes seriously its policies on safeguarding children and young people and workplace safeguarding and will undertake a robust formal and informal measures to undertake robust background checks specifically attributable to these two areas
Plan International Malawi Reserves the right to establish a reserve of suitable candidates for future openings
Start receiving jobs alerts directly to your email