Mwaiwathu Private Hospital invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the position of Pharmacy Technician (2 positions) tenable at the Hospital along Chileka Road in Blantyre.
Position: Pharmacy Technician (2 positions)
The Pharmacy Technicians will assist the Pharmacists in their daily tasks. They will be directly involved with the receiving and dispensing of prescriptions and client/patient contacts. All work will be done under the direct supervision of a licensed Hospital Pharmacist
Specific duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Receiving prescriptions, both over the phone and in-person
- Entering prescriptions into computer database
- Dispense medicines and medical supplies.
- Assisting clients at the cash register
- Working with insurance companies
- Contacting referring physicians’ offices with questions aver prescription
- Maintaining inventory
- Maintain inventory of medicine and medical supplies.
- Ensure proper storage of medical supplies.
- Perform any other duties assigned the Hospital Pharmacist from time to time.
Educational Qualifications and Experience
- Must have a Diploma in Pharmacy from a recognized Institution
- Must be registered with the Pharmacy, Medicines and Poisons Board,
- Must be computer literate
- Must be willing to work odd hours.
- Possession of three years relevant post qualification experience in a busy environment will be an added advantage.
Requisite knowledge, Abilities and skill
- Good command of English and fluency in other Malawian local languages
- Must be a self-starter, pro-active and honest
- Strong Computer skills
- Ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision
Mode of Application
Interested and qualifying candidates should submit their application, enclosing a detailed Curriculum Vitae with names and contacts of at least three credible referees with active email addresses and copies of relevant certificates by Monday, March 1, 2021 to:
The Medical Director
Mwaiwathu Private Hospital Limited
P.O. Box 3067