Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. In Malawi, MSF works in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and the local community in integrated HIV/AIDS in Chiradzulu District and Cervical Cancer projects Blantyre districts.
MSFF is looking for its Chiradzulu Office:
Position: PHARMACY STOREKEEPER – 1 POSITION
Workplace : Chiradzulu
Type of contract : 6 months Fixed term contract
Start date : Immediate
Main purpose of the position
Execute the pharmacy/medical warehouse storing activities in order to keep pharmacy stock secure and follow recommended conditions (temperature, humidity, etc.) under the supervision of the Pharmacy Supervisor, and in collaboration with the logistics team
- Supervising material orders and dispatching in order to ensure rational use.
- Receiving orders and deliveries, identifying potential disparities against cargo manifest or others and reporting them, and stores materials in accordance with the system in force, in order to ensure continuous availability. It includes:
- Ensuring good storage conditions of all medical items in the pharmacy in accordance with pharmaceutical standards in order to ensure continuous availability.
- Ensuring correct fill in entries on the stock cards and software.
- Carrying out or participating in regular inventories including EPREP stock.
- Following up stock levels with regards to alarms thresholds, stock out, expiry dates and drugs to expire in the following 6 months.
- Preparing orders of the different consumption units (departments, wards, others), ensuring proper packaging and dispatching and reporting any anomalies or changes in consumption patterns to the Pharmacy Supervisor. Informing Pharmacy Supervisor as soon as stock reaches alert limit.
- Controlling warehouse facilities in order to ensure materials are kept in good keeping conditions, it includes:
- g. Monitoring temperature in the warehouse and ensuring that products requiring cold chain are suitably stored and transports received, stored, and prepared and transported appropriately according to MSF Supply and Cold Chain protocols.
- Ensuring cleanliness of premises (stock pharmacy) and in close collaboration with the logistics department, maintaining refrigerating equipment.
- Controlling warehouse limited access to authorized personnel and ensuring doors and other exits are secured. Immediately informing the line manager of any problems arising in the course of the work, particularly with regards to damage, loss, attempted break-ins or theft in the warehouse.
- Ensuring that items to be quarantined (on-going quality alerts) or to be placed in quarantine zone (batch recalls, expired or damaged items) are removed from the stock and safely locked.
- Following up stock levels with regards to alarms thresholds, stock out, expiry dates and drugs to expire in the following 6 months. Preparing reports and passing it to the supervisor.
- Essential, secondary school.
- Desirable, medical related studies
- Essential previous experience of at least 2 years in similar or relevant positions</p>
- Desirable previous experience in MSF or other NGOs in developing countries</p>
Documents to provide:
- Cover letter, Updated CV, ID Copy and relevant certificates
- Deadline for submission of application: 5th May 2021
Application should be submitted to:
Human Resources Manager
Médecins sans Frontières France
P.O Box 50
E-mail address: [email protected]
with in subject: PHARMACY STOREKEEPER Full Name
(Indicate only the Position and Your Full Name as part of the Subject Line of the email).
NOTE: Please clearly indicate the POSITION TITLE AND YOUR FULL NAME on the application. Letters, CVs and any documentation included in application package will not be returned. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. MSF is an equal opportunity employer: all applicants will be equally considered under the same criteria and expectations. MSF does not charge any application/recruitment or training fees: if ever you are requested to pay any amount to process your application or access employment with MSF, do not pay and please inform the MSF administration on email: [email protected] as soon as possible