GardaWorld Malawi seeks to engage the services of a Payroll Administrator to be based at its Head Office in Lilongwe.
Position: Payroll Administrator (1 post)
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the successful candidate shall be for managing all the payroll processes. He/she analyzes, evaluates and implements the compensation and benefit program ensuring that they are in line with the company policies and benchmarked with relevant legislation.
- Ensures the accuracy of payrolls by auditing departmental pay authorizations and verifying deductions from wages. Manages the payment of wages and salaries via the accounting system and prepares periodic payroll reports.
- Reviews payrolls for compliance with the Company policies, minimum wage and taxation laws/regulations for reporting and withholding, Malawi Labour Law requirements related to payroll practices and recordkeeping.
- Maintains personnel and pay records for Company employees to ensure accurate integration of such records with the payroll and benefit systems.
- Administers and interprets all policies and procedures for enforcement of provisions of the, PAYE, and other statutory bodies.
- Prepares analysis for the Head of Finance regarding current cost and expenditures and estimated future requirements for cash flow forecasts.
- Utilizes the IT provisions to maintain, retrieve and program data for analyses and reports.
- Maintains awareness of current rules and regulations pertinent to payroll, retirement and benefits and ensures the timeliness and accuracy of payroll, insurance premiums and claim payments.
- Recommends changes in payroll policies and procedures.
- Monitors changes in laws and regulations pertaining to payroll which require Company policy changes and notifies management on early adoption.
- Maintains frequent contact with department heads, MIS staff and State agencies
- Address all payroll related queries from staff
- Accurately works out the final dues for exiting staff within the labour law regulations
- Responsible for all audits on payroll, providing schedules and documentation as required by the various auditors.
- Maintaining confidentiality of payroll information
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance related field.
- At least 2 years of practical experience in labour intensive payroll, accounting, employee benefits, financial or statistical records.
- Technical skills in Taxation, accounting and knowledge on employees’ benefits.
- Exceptional Microsoft Excel skills to analyse and interpret data.
- Understanding of HR practices and employment law in Malawi
- Very strong numeracy skills
How to apply
Interested candidates must submit their applications supported by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certified certificates and three traceable referees to:
The Human Resources Manager
P.O. Box 2084
Or via email to:
Email: [email protected]
Closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 11th December 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.