Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the following vacant position at its offices in Blantyre.
Position: OPERATIONS MANAGER
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this position is tenable at our Head Office in Blantyre
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that all operations are carried out in an appropriate and cost-effective way.
- Improve operational management systems. processes and best practices
- Ensure that the company’s processes always remain legally compliant
- Formulate strategic and operational objectives
- Examine financial data and use them to improve profitability.
- Manage budgets and forecasts
- Perform quality controls and monitor production KPIs.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines:
- Excellent computer skills. Proficiency in PowerPoint is a key requirement;
- Excellent communication skills,
- Knowledge of general, insurance business and management principles and practices.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of human resource principles and practices.
- Knowledge of project management principles and practices.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration. Finance or Accounting.
- Professional qualification in Insurance (ACII, AIISA) is a must.
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management.
- Over 7 years general insurance experience 3 of which must be working in a senior management position
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should send their application letters together with Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of certificates and names of three traceable referees: –
The Human Resources Manager
Liberty General Insurance Company Ltd
P.O. Box 354
Email: [email protected]
Closing date for receiving applications is 30th June 2020