Export Development Fund (EDF) Is a development finance institution (OH) mandated to promote the growth as well as diversification of the country’s exports EDF’s mission is to accelerate structural transformation in Malawi through various financial and non-financial interventions availed to businesses in growth sectors of the economy. EDF also plays a leading role in lob creation by investing in ambitious projects and initiatives with the aim of enhancing the competitiveness of Malawi’s exports.
By taking on strategic investments that may fall outside the risk acceptance criteria for commercial banks the additionality of EDF’s interventions is more pronounced as EDF is able to reach out to enterprises that are in dire need of financing as recently demonstrated by the rapid disbursements under the COVID-19 Trade Impact Mitigation Facility (COT IFA) which extended loans and advances in the amount equivalent to USS 20 million.
EDF’s young and dynamic team is motivated towards the collective goal of transforming Malawi’s trade sector for accelerated economic development
Exciting opportunities have arisen for energetic and innovative individuals to join the Fund. We are therefore inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following position.
Position: Operational Risk Manager
Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer, the Operational Risk Manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining an appropriate operational risk management framework and platform as well as serving as the primary contact on operational risk matters for the EDF.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Provide key input in defining and refining EDFs risk governance approach and structure
- Support the Chief Risk Officer and executive leadership in developing key operational risk management policies and procedures
- Develop the organisation’s operational risk management framework and monitoring implementation and revision of operational risk policies.
- Develop operational risk assessment tools, enterprise-wide operational risk registers to capture key risks and indicators that can alert leadership to potential operational risk issues.
- Assess me Funds risk maturity level and drive the agenda to move the organisation to the desired risk maturity level
- Deliver operational risk awareness training to impact the culture within the Fund and to ensure that the operational risk framework is effectively embedded in the Funds operations.
- Drive and evolve creation of common operational risk taxonomy that is used by Risk, Compliance and Audit.
- Aggregate risk data and synthesize key themes for reporting to Executive Management and Board level Committees.
- Establish and manage an appropriate Integrity Protection/Whistle-Blower programme for the Fund.
- Identify and assess suspected internal and external fraud/theft incidents such as misappropriation of assets, abuse of office, forgery, bribes, hacking, breaching system security, physical assets and data thefts, passing off and unauthorised use of the Fund’s name.
- Develop and implement a protocol for handling Access to Information Act inquiries and other media interests.
- Collaborate with other risk functions to develop procedures and practices that minimise missed deadlines, accounting, data entry errors, vendor disagreements. inaccurate client records. and loss of client assets through negligence of EDF employees.
- Work closely with project learns to support the assessment of risks and management of risks throughout the protect life-cycle.
Preferred Qualifications, Skills, Experience and Attributes are as follows:
- Degree in any of the following fields; Banking, Business Administration, Accounting, Economics or equivalent qualification in risk/ audit or related discipline.
- Professional qualifications such as CFA, ACCA, CIMA. Masters’ Degree in related field. Affiliation to risk professional bodies will be an added advantage
- Quantitative and qualitative technical skills to assess diverse assets and measure risks by using various models, metrics and back test efficacy
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking and reasoning skills to understand complex situations, people, and system needs against backdrop of managing a risk management environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to translate these skills to capture content rich issues and drive complex initiatives; masterful In PowerPoint at distilling, rendering and visualizing complex issues in an accessible manner for afferent stakeholders
- Specialised working experience of at least 5 years in operational risk management. internal and external audit at either a financial institution or international organizations at Management level.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications clearly indicating the position together with detailed CV and names of three traceable referees by Friday 8th January 2021 via email to:
Email: [email protected]
All applications should be addressed to-
The Managing Director
Export Development Fund Limited
First Floor, Pamodzi House Presidential Way Drive
P.O. Box 30063
EDF is an equal opportunity employer as such women are encouraged to apply