Summary With funding from the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Nascent Solutions is implementing a five year McGovern-Dole International Food for Education and Child Nutrition Project in central and southern Malawi.
The project is designed to improve the literacy of schoolage children through improved literacy instruction, student attentiveness and student attendance. It also seeks to increase the use of positive health and dietary practices.
Nascent Solutions is, therefore, seeking one qualified candidate for the position of Office IT Assistant to support ICT related tasks.
Type of Employment: Salaried, full-time, renewable on yearly basis
Reporting: Reports to Country Finance Manager
Providing general IT support, dealing with hardware and software enquiries; providing first line of support and liaizing with IT Helpdesk Administrator at all times. Work with Nascent Solutions Country Office and HQ team to deliver a processional high quality IT services to end users.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Install, maintain and upgrade a wide range of ICT equipment
- Respond to IT requests in a timely fashion to maximise user experience
- Assist in maintaining the inventory of computer hardware and software (including licenses)
- Perform preventative duties on items of ICT hardware, including maintaining the equipment in good condition
- Manage and set up new hardware following Nascent Solutions IT policies and procedures
- Provide Anti-virus support and presentation projections support for staff
- Routine IT equipment maintenance and monitoring
- Record accurately and prioritize support requests, outcomes and time taken in helpdesk system
- Train staff in Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint, as well as SPSS) to effectively utilize computer system and resources in their studies
- Configuration and installation of e-mail accounts for staff and ensure that they are able to send and receive e-mails using Microsoft Outlook and Windows mail
- Setup multimedia and Audio-visual equipment for meetings, video conferences and workshops a!!
- Assist in production of program statistical reports and submit to team leaders
- Supporting organization’s Networks (LAN, WAN), internet and Intranet systems,
- Manage and maintain servers and processes Windows Server Support & Administration, management of IP address assignment to users
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Advanced Diploma in ICT, Computer Sciences, Electrical Engineering or a Degree in a relevant field
- Those with a Bachelor’s degree and Professional Certifications in Databases (SQL 2000/2005), CompTIA A+, and Networking will have added advantage
- Two to five years of experience in ICT work and attending to other office needs.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work with little guidance.
- Be assertive, decisive, innovative, self-motivated and natural team builder
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be able to design and deploy new IT systems and services
- Have excellent knowledge in monitoring performance of information technology system
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter, CV, and salary requirements to [email protected].
Please indicate “Office IT Assistant” in the e-mail subject line. Any CV without a cover letter will not be considered. The position is open to Malawi nationals only. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Closing date for applications is 10th September 2020.