PSI Malawi is affiliated to Population Service International, a Washington DC based non-governmental and nonprofit making organization. PSI Malawi mission is to support low income and at risk Malawians to lead healthier lives through the provision and promotion of quality products and services, in line with the Government of Malawi goals. To accomplish its mission, PSI Malawi is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions;
Position: Nurse Counsellor – Blantyre
Reporting to the Service Delivery Coordinator, the Nurse Counsellor will be responsible for following duties and responsibilities;
- Educate clients on the benefits, risks and procedure of male circumcision.
- Provide counseling on HIV risk-reduction behavior.
- Administer consent documents to eligible clients before circumcision. Ensure parents or legal guardians authorize circumcision of minors by signing consent documents.
- Provide HIV testing services to clients who have volunteered at the site for VMMC services.
- Refer, track and link (100% linkage) to HIV clinics all VMMC clients who test HIV positive.
- Appropriately fill the clients’ files, relevant registers and monthly reporting tools (MOH and project) at the VMMC unit.
- Adhere to the national guideline on HTS and VMMC counseling.
- Participates in regular VMMC data quality audit activities to ensure compliance to quality standards.
- Facilitate client’s adherence to discharge instructions.
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of client’s records.
- Participates in team level monthly planning and quality improvement team (QIT) meetings including taking of minutes for reference.
- Participate in CMEs, regular data auditing and documentation of best practices.
- Participate in the development of monthly team operations work plan and schedules.
- Adhere to the weekly facilities coverage schedule to ensure VMMC services are provided on rotational basis at the outreach, mobile and fixed sites.
- Work with the team lead to liaise with project demand creation team to ensure consistency in clients flow and complementary efforts in tracking clients that missed follow up visits.
- Participate in all team specific QA and QI activities
Qualification, Knowledge, Ability and Skills
- Applicants must have diploma/Certificate in Nursing Midwifery Technician/Enrolled Nurse Midwife
- Trained and certified in HTC and VMMC Counselling
- At least 2 years’ experience providing continuous VMMC services
- Understanding of HIV/AIDS programming in Malawi
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Be self-starter, effective team player and demonstrated verifiable result-oriented track record
- Clear understanding of HIV Testing and Counselling
- Oral and written communication skills, Facilitation & negotiate skills
Mode of Application
Qualified candidates with the specified qualifications and experience should submit their application letters together with a detailed curriculum vitae with names and contact details of at least three traceable referees by 26th March, 2021, to:
The Head of Human Resources and Administration,
Or through: Email: [email protected]